Hi Everyone!

kerdeeya
on 1/2/10 2:02 pm - McAllen, TX
I'm sorta hesitant to write because it's been so long since I even shadowed this site... What can I say, WLS has made it possible for me to LIVE my life in a wonderful and exciting way. I've done so much, and am still moving forward - if you don't mind, I just thought I'd catch you up on things...

I learned to ride a motorcycle this year and actually bought a Harley! I ride my 883R Roadster all over the place. I've made so many new friends who ride. Having this new passion has added a new and exciting dimension to my marriage (my husband rides too) - and made me stronger mentally and physically.

I also got a promotion at work in August. Three years ago, I didn't see myself as a manager - and so I never tried to move ahead. Now I know I can do ANYTHING I set my mind to.

This year I also had a bit of a health scare. I began to have dizzy spells where my heart would 'jump' into my throat. Long story short - I was severely/acutely/dangerously anemic. I have had one iron infusion and it seems to have helped. I made need infusions annually though.

Just wanted to let you know that all is well - not always perfect, but good.

It's good to read all of the posts - congrats to Heather on her new arrival, and upcoming second arrival!

Right now I'm at 175 - I'm comfortable here; for now.

Good Luck to everyone this coming year! If you've read this far, thanks!
XOXOXO
on 1/3/10 5:33 am
kerdeeya
on 1/5/10 2:33 am - McAllen, TX
Top Speed is 95 - but I was passing someone.
Cruising speed - 70/75
If I go any faster, my bike vibrates too much for my liking... Plus I can't look around when I'm flying, and I like looking around. : )
XOXOXO
on 1/3/10 5:57 am
kerdeeya
on 1/5/10 2:35 am - McAllen, TX
Thanks for the post - it's a great to live!
MelissaF
on 1/8/10 1:39 am - Northwood, IA
Don't ever be hesitant Kerdeeya! So glad to hear from you! I am not on here often enough myself (hang my head in shame) I should be.  The weight creeps on more when I am not, that is for sure!  Life sure does take off when we are further out and living our life as "new" thin people doesn't it?!?? Amazing.  WOW! A harley! YOU GO GIRL! I bet you look HOT HOT HOT ON THAT!!!!! I want to see pictures!! WOOOOOHOOO!  I am so glad you guys (husband and you) have something to bond over.. riding! How exciting!

Congrats on the promotion at work.  This day in age with the economy the way it is, it is nice to see people going UP on in the work force! YAY! 

Sorry to hear about the dizzy spells, be sure you are taking your vitamins as you should be, it is so gosh darn important.  Even though we feel "good".  We aren't immune to nutritional deficiencies and can happen even when we are compliant.  So keep up with those (not saying you aren't but just in case!)  Will you keep getting infused? Or will they just keep an eye on it and play by ear? I have a friend that is going through infusions right now.. not holding though without them.. has to keep getting them.  Hope that isn't the case for you! Fingers crossed..

Hang in there!

Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

XOXOXO
on 1/8/10 1:48 pm
XOXOXO
on 1/8/10 1:34 pm
Mini-me
on 1/9/10 12:46 am - KY
So great to hear from you!!
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WONDERFUL PROGRESS  KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

Mini Me

GO COLTS!!!!