Another Oldie Checking In

Geminidream
on 12/4/10 9:01 am - Spokane, WA
Happy December!  Our once-active board predictably dwindled down to very little at all.  I suspect we are all out there just being busy and doing things other than constantly thinking about where we are in early post-op stages. 

What's been going on here for me is that I'm still at 100% weight loss by my surgeon's standards even though I am actually 7# overweight from his goal. (and 20# up from my very lowest)  It doesn't feel very comfortable but I refuse to go up a size in pants and am just working at the eating habits.  Worst of all is that I'm not keeping up with my water.  ACK!  Vitamins, good.  Blood test...overdue and I never got around to scheduling my 4-yr. checkup.

How's your capacity?  I can eat a big huge plate of salad comfortably but only a small amount of dry meat unless I turn it into a slider with some kind of sauce.  Still dumping (woohoo!!!) and yet I still reach for those sugars and sometimes fatty things cause they just call to me too strongly.  But mostly I resist them and remember that built-in policeman I have just waiting to make me regret eating.  

The wife of one of my husband's coworkers is home recuperating from her recent RNY and in that 'what have I done to myself' stage.  I am a bit envious: those early days were scary and exciting but we were all so determined to get where we needed to be.  Now we are where we are and don't have that same momentum and determination to help.  It is scary and I am so grateful to have my local support group to rely on once a month.  Hope you do too. 

Can't promise to visit more regularly, but I think of you so often and will try to get back here this month as I bet a bunch of us will check in with reports.  I know some of us are on Facebook and that is one great way to at least keep up with current doings.  Over there I'm Molly Smith and you'll find me with that same red-shirt picture that was my six-month avatar here.  It was the same weight then that I am now so even though I have four extra years of age on my face (AND HOW!) I am that same size now. 

Miss you and hope you are doing well.  HUGS!!!!
Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
XOXOXO
on 4/4/11 7:38 am
Geminidream
on 4/5/11 10:22 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Ro!  Hugs!!!!  Even though I'm not on the mb anymore I still think of you all so often.  I really should have come back and updated my post...after finally getting the 4-yr. checkup I had news.  Not really good either.   My labs were all over the place BAD.  I'd slipped with the vitamins a little worse than I'd thought and wow did it rack up in the bloodwork fast.  Surprisingly fast!  I was one point away from needing a transfusion.  So of course now I'm on super-duper iron and different vitamins and also got to have an endometrial ablation.  Only 11 days post-op from that so I'm still healing and won't see any benefit from it for weeks and weeks yet. 

Still so incredibly tired but relieved to know what the source of it (the exhaustion)  is and nice to have multiple treatments going...what a huge dose of hope! 

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
XOXOXO
on 4/6/11 8:06 am
lacygirlcat
on 12/9/10 12:07 am - Morehead, KY
4 years have flown by....wow!  I am currently 132.  I stayed just a hair under 130 until this summer and just can't seem to get back.  I'm stressing about it too.  I know that I don't get enough protein and vitamins.  I hate to exercise too.  But for my height 132 makes me overweight.  I'm only 5'1".  I'll look you up on facebook.  My name is Lorrie McCarty Hicks.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEW2DAL/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wEW2DAL/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 788 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 745 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1420 views
anniversity