Getting back on track......

sundi501
on 1/16/11 6:22 pm
 Haven't been on here in a couple of years but I figured this would be the best place to get back on track with my eating program.  It will be nice to hear from people with similar struggles! 

My weight going into surgery was 256!  Now I'm 5 ft tall so I was a big girl! Lol!  After surgery I lost a total of 130 pounds bringing me to 131 at my low point.  I was a size 4-6 and the happiest I have ever been.  Recently I have started gaining so I have gained about 30 lbs in the past year.  I can really tell a difference!  The "freedom of movement" factor is def an issue.
   So I have decided to "come home" and lose this 30 lbs the correct way with resuming my eating plan (high protien), finding some excersize, and generally following "the rules".

I hope to keep posting here and reading up so don't mind me if I vent or share a victory.  I would like to hear about your struggles/victories at this stage as well.

Let's keep each other posted..lol

thanks

XOXOXO
on 4/4/11 7:20 am
Jefin
on 4/4/11 7:30 am - Lion's Head, Canada
I too have not been on in years.  I never did quite manage the site well either, so I don't think I ever got the true benefit of it.  The first few years the weight came off pretty easy.  As time went on I stopped paying so much attention and I put on another 40+ pounds.  So my lowest had been 200 which was about 3 years ago, and then last year my weight was 244.  It kind of snuck up on me, but about a year ago I decided that enough was enough.  I had come way too far to let myself go any further.  So rather than concentrate on taking things out I focused on putting things in.  I added more healthy foods and as a result I wasn't eating as much of the unhealthy food.  This past fall I joined a gym and lost the weight that had regained and an extra 20+ pounds:)  I still have to be really careful of my food choices or I'll gain weight at an alarming rate:(  Now I am the heathiest and the fittest I have ever been.  Not yet at an ideal weight according to the charts, but ideal for me:)

XOXOXO
on 4/4/11 9:09 am
Geminidream
on 4/5/11 11:16 am - Spokane, WA
Ro, hunny...what are you doing with a bee on your finner?  I am allergic, don't flick that thing in my direction ok?

Oh I know why...it's cause you are SO SWEET!  :)

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
XOXOXO
on 4/6/11 7:59 am
Geminidream
on 4/5/11 11:05 am - Spokane, WA
Wow...thank you for sharing this encouragement.  You have done awesome and come soooo far!  I love, love, love your comment about fousing on putting things in instead of on taking things out.  Gotta remember that for support group this month and may just have to make myself a little reminder sign of that too for my kitchen.  Such a good example of positive reinforcement rather than negativity. 

Geminidream
on 4/5/11 11:10 am - Spokane, WA
I'm so grateful for that little option of 'notify me when someone replies to my post' below our postings so that we can have a reminder to get back over here and check up on one another more often.  Not everybody is fortunate to have a monthly support group like me, I guess, and it is so important for us all to hang in this struggle together and lend whatever support we can. 

I love that at my last post-op appointment the PA gave me an updated copy of 'The Rules' that they give to newer patients.  It is always good to remember the rules our doctors want us to follow and way too easy to give in to forgetting them. 

keep hanging in there and don't let that 30 stop you from feeling great and doing the right things.

Geminidream
on 4/5/11 11:14 am - Spokane, WA
Oh Donna... SISTA!  I hear you on the premonpausal problems.  Add that on top of everything in our brains and lives that got us to needing wls in the first place and that makes it even tougher to fight the weight and eating issues. 

Hope you are getting some help with the depression and have a good doc to work with on the premen. issues too.  Hang in there...and keep on track.

sundi501
on 5/28/11 7:02 pm
 I am so glad to hear from all of you and the encouraging words really help..i think that we almost need more support now than when we were "newbies"!  well I do anyway....lol.  We had a great local support group here at first but then "life" gets in the way and we all kind of lost touch.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years out...can't believe it
lacygirlcat · 0 replies · 788 views
6 years later
Mr. K · 2 replies · 745 views
Waist Management
XOXOXO · 1 replies · 1420 views
anniversity
briancunn · 1 replies · 801 views
Facebook News!!!!!!!!!!!!
inDIANAw · 0 replies · 920 views