I have my date-December 12th 2007

Shasta L.
on 9/9/07 3:49 am - CO
Hello, well I have my Date December 12th 2007. Is anyone else worried about the holidays being around their surgery date? Oh well we have already decided to have a food free christmas Celebration
Amanda Miller
on 9/17/07 4:19 am - Cleveland, OH
I will be one year banded on 12/15. Just wanted to let you know.. it really wasn't that bad.. the holidays.. now I wasn't a sugar girl.. so the cookies and pasteries and stuff really didn't bother me.. and when Xma**** I was allowed to have mushies.. so the mashed tatos were awesome... So have a great Turkey Day meal.. and forget any real food in December. Good Luck Amanda
Jennifer W.
on 10/6/07 12:51 am - Kimberly, OR
My surgery is December 10th!! It has crossed my mind briefly about the holidays and all the goodies laying around tempting me, but right now I'm focused on this surgery and achieving long awaited goals. We'll be fine! Keep your chin up and just remind yourself what your goals are. It's only a few days to get through. If you find yourself really craving something that might hurt you, just go read a book or take a walk. Jen
uticacute
on 10/8/07 2:57 am - Utica, NY
I am scheduled for December 19th I guess my thinking is.... better before than after...I would hate to be all ready for a January surgery and find I gained 5lbs over Christmas and have to have it rescheduled!!! Besides, we will be on our way to our NEW BODIES by New Years!!!!
AmandaLP
on 10/10/07 3:44 pm - TX
VSG on 12/20/07 with
Once financing comes in, i'll have a mid december date. I figure it would be easier to be on a liquid diet after the surgery during xmas than before
uticacute
on 10/11/07 2:22 pm - Utica, NY
that's good thinking ...at least the little bit of liquids will fill you up and it will be easy to resist the gooies if your full!!!!!
KellyMASS
on 10/14/07 11:06 am - MA
yeah I am .. I decided to start my shopping early... My sons birthday is the 9th and I'll be home by then and then mine is the 14 th...
George T.
on 10/17/07 8:35 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
I don't have a date yet, but I am trying for the 13th (I never worry about unlucky numbers). We are going to Vegas the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my eating holiday, so I did not want to worry about it this year. Also, I wanted to gain another day of vacation at work.
JodieZ
on 11/1/07 3:55 am - Woodbury, MN
Hello and congratulations...I am having a revision due to a staple line breakdown on December 12th also....I am so excited to get a second chance at this...Good Luck, I could care less about the food at the holidays....getting my life back means more then the food.
pammylou
on 11/6/07 8:55 pm - Tallmadge, OH
I didn't think about it too much - but you are right about the holiday being so close. One thing I did think about is that this is the first time that I was ever off so many days during the holidays! I am a nurse and for years had to work either Christmas eve or day. I will really be able to concentrate on the real meaning of Christmas without all of the running around trying to get things done and missing the reason for the season - the birth of my Lord! My family says they will help with the shopping and the dinner ( I always do a big dinner with the family and have about 17 people in). THis year will be toned down some, but we will still be about to enjoy the day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 613 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 643 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 854 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 760 views