Wondering about recovery...

PGE_Brian
on 11/13/07 4:50 am - Stockton, CA
Hi all, 1st posting...new to OH. I have a surgery date of December 6th. I can't wait to officially start my new life. I have been adjusting and practicing my eating habits and developing high protein low carb soups and meals. I am wondering....could some of you please share with me what the post-op recovery was like for you during the first few days after surgery. Were you able to return to work quickly? What about pain management? Pain? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Brian
MsTaken
on 11/13/07 11:19 am - sherman, TX
RNY on 12/17/07 with
Hi Brian. I think that is a great question and I want to know as well! All my doc said that when I wake up -- I will not want to be his friend. He said I will have a demoral drip to use as needed and can ask for more pain reliever if needed. That indicates to me ....AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'll be okay:0 I''m taking three weeks off of work, but he said some return after two weeks.
PGE_Brian
on 11/16/07 5:02 am - Stockton, CA
Hi Paula, Thanks for responding. So far, I have not heard anything really negative from anyone about pain. I've read a lot of stuff about tolerances to the new way of eating, but not really anything about pain. I'm having my surgery done on a Thursday and I'm hoping to be back to work on Monday. I make maps on a computer all day, so if I am able to drive and stay awake, I might as well go to work. I have a friend who just had it done yesterday, so she should be able to give me some insite about discomfort. Have a great weekend, Brian
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 615 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 643 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 856 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 761 views