I got my date...I'm scared to death of failing

JESSNMIKE
on 11/16/07 3:25 am - CA
Well, I got my date it"s on 12-11-07 with Dr. Chin in Fountain Valley, Ca. I am so scared..I feel like "What happens if this doesn't work for me either"? Everything else I have ever tried never worked. So I'm just feeling a little bit scared. Also I have 2 little boys and I would hate to have something bad happen to me and them not have there mommy. Am I dunb for feeling this way? Am I feeling what most people feel?
nancy6
on 11/16/07 4:30 am - Tacoma, WA
First, congratulations on getting your date, Jessica! I think it is very normal to have mixed emotions when getting so close to the surgery date. It is a huge step and it's OK to be scared. You are not dumb at all to feel the way you are feeling... I think the reason we look to WLS is because all the other things we've tried have failed. But to me WLS seems to be the most likely thing to help me succeed. And I'll bet it will help you succeed in getting that weight off for good, too!! I can't say from experience (yet!) but from all that I've heard, as long as you follow your dr's "plan" you will be successful. It may not be an easy plan to follow, but WLS is the tool that will help us stick to the plan! By the way, I'm scheduled for surgery on 12/6 so we'll be going through many things together. Please feel free to send me a PM or add me as a friend. Just remember you are doing something for you that will help you be healthy and able to do more things with your 2 little boys! They'll love it when mommy can keep up with them!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and I'm sure you'll do great on the 11th! ~Nancy~
JACKIESMOM
on 11/17/07 10:36 am - FL
I have the same date. I am so scared too. I try not to think about it but it consumes me all the time. I have a little girl too and worry if something happens. I figure if I dont do anything I will be sorry. I wish us both lots of luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 615 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 643 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 856 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 761 views