I'm approved! December 18th is my date!!!

katiegirl515
on 11/30/07 7:46 am - West Des Moines, IA
Just got approved today for December 18th! The best Christmas present I have ever gotten!!!!! katiegirl
Kathy H.
on 11/30/07 9:59 am - Dade City, FL
RNY on 04/11/23
I'm having mine the same day! I got my approval on Wednesday, my surgery date on Thursday and my pre-op test schedule today. What have they got you doing until then? I'm starting a two week liquid diet on Tuesday. I went to my nutritionist today to go over the pre-op, in hospital and post-op diets. I see my doctor on the 10th for my physical and the hospital the same day for pre-op testing. Whew, I'm tired already! Are you nervous? I am, sorta, but too excited about losing weight to let it worry me too much. Wait until the day before and I'll tell you then. Good luck and Merry Christmas. Kathy
katiegirl515
on 11/30/07 12:41 pm - West Des Moines, IA
Hi Kathy! I got my date today as well as an appointment at the hospital for all the pre-op testing on December 6th. I still have to set up the appointment with my PCP for the physical, probably call first thing Monday morning to schedule it. I just found out about everything today but I'm supposed to be hearing back on Monday about the details.. like the liquid diet and the testing and everything, once I know more, I will let you know! How long have you been working at this? I've been going through everything for about 4 and a half months now.. I'm sure it will be well worth it though, I feel like I'm on cloud nine right now. I'm not really nervous yet, but I'm sure it will hit me before the day gets here.. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Thanks for the post! Your friend, Katie
Blueandyellow219
on 11/30/07 10:28 pm - Long Island, NY
Thats Crazy! My Pre Op testing is December 6th, and my surgery is December 18th also! Good luck with everything, before we know it we will be losers!!
katiegirl515
on 11/30/07 11:50 pm - West Des Moines, IA
Oh wow! That is so weird... Yes, good luck to you too! It isn't long now and we will start our new life!! YAY!! your friend, katie
Maureen McDonald
on 12/1/07 8:47 pm - Walton, KY
My surgery date is the 17th and I have my preop on the 13th. I am excited, nervous, and hyper all at the same time. Good luck Katie, Kathleen, and Kelly! (I feel like I should have a "K" name to post here!) Maureen
Maritza .
on 12/2/07 11:48 pm - Somewhere, KY
Good Luck to all of you! You are right about that. I remember feeling exactly the same way you do right now. You have no idea how this is going to change your life!
Kathy H.
on 12/3/07 7:55 am - Dade City, FL
RNY on 04/11/23
I first called the doctor's office the beginning of August this year. My first appointment was on August 31st. I've been amazed at how quickly this has been going, especially since I've read where others have taken months...even years to get this far. I start my liquid diet tomorrow and said goodbye to all my high calorie friends...er, I mean foods and I'm not going to look back. One of the ladies in my group has a saying that I love, "Nothing tastes as good as a size 4 feels!". It's not that I ever wore a size 4 in my life but it sounds good anyway Maureen, we'll have to give you an honorary "k" name, like Kaureen or something, lol. I'd love it if you all would add me as a friend. I'll do the same for you. We can compare notes on our progress. That would be really cool.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 616 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 644 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 856 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 761 views