TIck tick tick

~ Lexipro ~
on 12/23/07 12:11 am - SC
4 days to go, I thought I would check in on the December boards. I'm stalking all of you to watch how you're doing ;) I've been struggling a little with my pre-op liquid diet but my nut said "if you're going to cheat, cheat with meat" so protein it is. I am not worried about the surgery itself, I think I am more worried about the 'puree' stage afterwards - no way am I putting chicken in a blender. I will have to find other stuff lol I know our taste buds change after surgery and I am hoping I begin to like yogurt and some of the things I don't like now. I am going to try. Good luck to everyone that goes this week!
Christine C.
on 12/23/07 12:48 am - Port Deposit, MD
HAHA I feel the same way about the "puree" stage LOL I would rather stick with full liquids for an additional 2 weeks lol I can't believe we are just right around the corner.
~ Lexipro ~
on 12/23/07 1:02 am - SC
I can't wait - since I've started this quest I've been feelin every single pound, know what I mean? "Lets focus on the fat!!" I've lost a few on the pre-op diet but not much, it's pms time too so eh. Ill prolly have issues with that in the hospital, joy joy lol
Christine C.
on 12/23/07 9:13 am - Port Deposit, MD
OMG that is hilarious ... pms time here too! hahahahahahahahh Oh well, from what I've ready I would have started following the surgery anyway LOL
Wendi W.
on 12/23/07 3:00 am - Waukegan, IL
5 days to go for me...I am trying to choke down these advance recovery protein shakes, as they make my stomach do rolls. I get so sick from them I have to lay down. I am happy that the only day I have liquid diet is the day before surgery. In regards to the puree stage, a friend of mine who had surgery about 2 years ago, says to use some chicken broth, no****er or milk and use some potatoe, cauliflower, or some type of bean. and blend it together. It is not the taste butthe consistency and feel of it in your mouth that is hard. Here is something else my friend told me to do...If you have a Container Store in your area, they have leak proof bottles in 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8 oz sizes. I bought some of these bottles so my stuff can be premeasured for my lunch box when I return to work. I found that store to be awsome. I so badly want to get a bunch of stuff for organizing. I think that will be on the agenda in 2008.
LaChelle R.
on 12/23/07 3:54 am - Erie, PA
I have gone as far as pureeing taco meat and refried beans with salsa....and even chili...and it wasn't bad at all. I don't mind the baby food style. At least your mouth will make your mind think that it is actually solids. For my lunch today I fixed spaghetti and noodles and blended them just like always! It worked, and satisfied my hunger. Good luck and God Bless us everyone!!! Here we go!
Lesliewith2girls
on 12/23/07 5:26 am - West Warwick, RI
Best of luck to you all. I hope your surgery goes uneventfully and your recovery is smooth! Leslie
S. lussier
on 12/24/07 12:24 pm - Bemidji, MN
I am 12 days post op and feel better than ever! I have 2 more days of full liquids then go to soft foods. I have found that I do not crave anything and have felt full and totally satisfied since the surgery. It must be mind over matter because my life long battle has finally ended. I hope this feeling stays. I am going to support groups and that helps A LOT!~ Good luck to everyone. Don't worry-the surgery was a piece of celery! Nothing to it. I'm all healed up and ready to begin living my new life! Stacy
~ Lexipro ~
on 12/24/07 11:07 pm - SC
That's awesome stacy! I hope I can say the same when I'm 12 days out. I am excited
sharonm516
on 12/25/07 4:46 am
I did liquid diet for 3 week prior to surgery, which was really hard, but I think helped me once surgery was done. 2 weeks on liquids after wasnt anything because I was already used to it. I have been on the puree stage for about a week (only 3 more to go!) and its not too bad. You can get creative with it. Good luck to everyone who has upcoming surgery! Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 616 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 644 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 856 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 761 views