Exercise? 2 1/2 weeks post op

Christine C.
on 1/12/08 10:52 pm - Port Deposit, MD
Just wanted to check in to see what everyone is doing for workouts post op (especially newly post op). I am 2 1/2 weeks out (12/27) and currently using my exercise bike (doing about 4 mi ... 20 min ... trying for 2x a day); also a walk during the afternoon. When I try to use my treadmill I get pain in my left side still (but I still try to do it at least 10 min daily). I can do some weights (keeping it around 15/20lbs and do only 15-20 reps. What is everyone else doing that works for you??
inatiff
on 1/12/08 11:48 pm - Elyria, OH
I am almost on your time frame my rny was on 12/26 and I am only aloud to walk and use weights and or do arm firming right now. I have my 3 week check up and they will add more then. I was told to stay off the bike until 6 weeks then go full force.
sweetpea4u
on 1/13/08 12:07 am - ., NH
as for me?. i have been walking.......... i have my one month checkup on thursday, so i will be seeing what they want me to add in........ i do have some dvd's that i can do......... i'm still just fealing with ebing so darn tired!
Dawn S.
on 1/13/08 10:56 am - Oak Harbor, WA
I walk between 2 and 4 miles every day. I am not allowed to lift any weights until i am 8 wks out period. i am allowed to walk outside/or treadmill, the eliptical as long as i don't use my arms, the recombant (sp) bike and the wave machine again as long as i don't use my abs much. the walking for me is great, one its exercise and two it gets my puppy out of the house and calmed down...lol.
Robin W.
on 1/13/08 11:07 am - West Seneca, NY
I'm swimming. The hotel here has an indoor pool. The Doc said at about 4 weeks I can hit it a bit harder, but for now, I'm walking and swimming. I get that left side pain, too, but it's not bad. I actually ran the other day a bit to hit the Metro on time, and I wasn't as out of breath as usual. I lost 7 this week.
Genisis
on 1/13/08 12:13 pm - NV
I'm surprised that you've been cleared to do so much already! I'm 4 weeks out and am not allowed to do anything other than walking. So that's what I do every day. Walk, walk, walk, walk, walk. walk, walk........ At two weeks I was not supposed to lift anything over 5 pounds........... When I go in for my 6 week check, I'm really hoping to be cleared for a lot of other things! Keep up the good work!
Robin W.
on 1/14/08 8:40 am - West Seneca, NY
I have a 15 pound restriction on lifting for a while...I go back next Monday.
cerenamorrell
on 1/13/08 11:07 pm - Massena, NY
Well I am only walking right now and doing arm weights under 10lbs! That is what my doctor says until 6 weeks then anything goes with caution. I am amazed you have the energy to do all that considering you are almost 3 wks. I am 5 wks out and I still get really tired, but I am a nurse and have been back to work for a week now and that pretty much takes all my energy. Good luck with your 3 wk appt.
dmwarrenyork
on 1/19/08 10:07 am - york, PA
i am only allowed to walk. lift nothing over 10lbs. when hubby is off i been going to the gym and doing 45min on the tredmill.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 613 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 643 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 854 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 760 views