energy levels?

sweetpea4u
on 1/22/08 4:29 am - ., NH
i am wondering how everyones energy levals are?> i know for myself some days i am dragging... and in the morning, i am soo tired. i don't know if it's the no coffee thing or just the process. but every morning, i'm draggin and don't feel my best. and standing for long periods of time sucks what about you?
Michelle I.
on 1/22/08 10:39 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA
What surgery did you have? I had the Lap Band and I can drink coffee??? Other than that I take my vitamins and feel pretty good. I hope you feel better!
premenewme
on 1/22/08 4:45 pm - Tama, IA
After taking my vitamins and daily medications some days I feel exhausted and other days I feel great and full of energy. I read where this can yo-yo for up to 6 months post surgery, so Hang in there! I too had the lap band. My surgeon recommends no caffeine for me yet, as caffeine can dehydrate you if you are not drinking enough (64oz at least) water. If you become dehydrated you can end up back in the hospital. I, too drink coffee, but again, try to ensure I am also getting enough water into my system. When drinking pop, besides the caffeine, it also has carbonation which can cause air bubbles and a lot of discomfort. I have only tried a couple pops and let the lid loose so it became flat, thus then the carbonation is out of it and then you just need to watch the caffeine and the sugar. Even diet pops have sugar in them, so be cautious! I am not for sure what type of surgery you had or how long it has been. If you're really concerned speak to your surgeon or a nutritionist. Good-Luck and have patience!
FirstFlight Mike
on 1/23/08 12:12 am - Bolton, MA
I'm with you. I tire-out quickly and occasionally I have a day where I can barely get out of bed. I'm doing fairly well getting my water down, so I don't think it's a lack of hydration. Just the healing process I guess. Mike
Angel P.
on 1/23/08 3:42 am - El Cajon, CA
There are days that I too am very tired. But I've noticed that if I exercise its not so bad. Right now I'm only walking about a mile and a half, but its a nice little walk. Just make sure you're getting your water, take your vits. and definately make sure you're getting enough sleep. I had my surgery 12/18 and before I could stay up til midnight without problems now if I'm not in bed by 10:30-11:00 I'm dragging. Just hang in there and keep on track and you'll see your energy coming back. Good Luck, aph
sweetpea4u
on 1/23/08 5:27 am - ., NH
i had the bypass on the 18th of dec. some days are better than others...... today i'm eh ok.. yesterday i was draggin, and actually took a nap when i got home from work for an hour!...... my exercise has to be more! i know that, but when i come home from work and i'm beat, it hard to think of working out .......hhhhhhhhhh.... but i'm trying
Genisis
on 1/23/08 6:56 am - NV
We are definitely in that stage where our energy levels will have highs and lows. A couple of things that have been working for me: 1. Splitting up when I take my multivitamins- 1 in the am and one in the afternoon (still take my B's in the morning) 2. GNC Ultra Mega Liquid MultiVitamin- When I'm really dragging, I add a little to a bottle of water and it helps me perk up a little
sweetpea4u
on 1/23/08 7:14 am - ., NH
hmmmmmmm. might hav to try that liquid stuff from gnc!. thanks for the tip!
KritterK
on 1/26/08 9:46 am - Rockwall, TX
I had RNY on the 19th of Dec. Went to the Dr. this past week for checkup and was told that the 400 calories I'm getting a day aren't enough. He said that I would get exhausted if I didn't get enough calories. This is true. I go to bed at 7:30 every night so this week, I'm determined to eat better instead of depending so much on liquid protein! Thought I'd share.
dmwarrenyork
on 1/28/08 11:36 pm - york, PA
i am always tired. i know i dont get in enough calories, water or protein. i try my best but i never wanna get up in the morn. right now i am still off of work but i dont see myself going back in two weeks. my job depends on me being 100 percent cause i have to make a percentage. i sure hope it gets better soon
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 613 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 643 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 854 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 760 views