Didnt lose any weight this week

cerenamorrell
on 2/5/08 9:11 pm - Massena, NY
I am really upset because in the last 7 days I have not lost any weight! What am I doing wrong? I am almost 2mos. post op and havent changed anything in my diet except switching to one protein shake a day instead of two! Any ideas?
mwiltz
on 2/6/08 2:16 am
I completely understand your pain. After a week ...today I finally lost another 2 pounds. I was really getting depressed. I finally started journaling everything I eat and even started putting it on the computer with about.coms Calorie Plus tool (it's free). My sisters both had this surgery and they swear that if I am not losing weight it because I am still not getting enough protein or water or all my vitamins.
cerenamorrell
on 2/6/08 3:32 am - Massena, NY
Thanks alot for the info, so how much protein do you take in now? How often do you eat? I have one protein shake in the morning and eat about 3 times a day,mostly protein and veggies. I take my vitamins twice a day like I am told. Maybe I need to exercise more too I was doing really well then last week I stopped because my kids and myself all got sick.
mwiltz
on 2/6/08 11:11 am
I drink 2 protein drinks and I try and eat cottage cheese, fish or whatever protein I can find. I average about 60 to 70 grams a day. I have just started to exercise. I joined a gym by my house that my kids can go to and I've been doing the treadmill and bike. Hope this helps!!
Genisis
on 2/6/08 6:40 am - NV
Make sure you are sticking to a strict vitamin and protein schedule. You may also want to up your water/fluid intake. Are you exercising? If not, start. If you are, try increasing by a few minutes each day until you've added at least 15 minutes to your routine. Try not to be too discouraged. Stalls happen to all of us, but rest assured, it will pass.
pan2ezp
on 2/14/08 5:41 am - Brick, NJ
Hi Cerena: I can well understand how down you would feel if you did not lose weight in the past 7 days. But this does happen. I am not happy either when I don't lose weight and the scale hits a stall. But I also know that I was not doing right. And by this I mean. I was thinking that if I did not eat what I was suppose to eat and just sticking to liquids the weight would come off fast. Well, it did not. I learned that now that I am exerciseing I must take in all the protein food that I can and to take my protein drink and the body will lose weight and inches. The more you starve a body the less it is to respond with weight lose as they told me because the body see's this as if it is starving and it will not lose. I learned this and I have been eating what I am suppose to eat and I am losing about 10 pounds a month now. I am down 45 pounds in just 2 1/2 months but I am losing it at a slower pace now. After all muscle weighs. But I am happy and my cloths are geting big.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 613 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 643 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 854 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 760 views