Alcohol?????

cerenamorrell
on 2/12/08 9:37 pm - Massena, NY
Has anyone tried an alcoholic beverages? Just wondering when or if we can have wine or anything else alcoholic. I have a banquet to go to in April and would love to have just one drink to sip on! I know that red wine has alot of sugar but I love white wine,especially Pinot and wasn't sure if there is alot of sugar in that!
Angel P.
on 2/16/08 3:12 pm - El Cajon, CA
I think the important thing to remember is that alcohol has 4 x's the effect on us who have has wls than on someone who hasn't. Use caution...maybe try a drink at home to make sure you don't dump! that would be horrid at such an event! Good Luck! aph
FirstFlight Mike
on 2/16/08 9:10 pm - Bolton, MA
Actually Cerena, dry red (and white) wine does NOT have a lot of sugar. That would be a good choice if you drink. Sweet wines, fortified wines... those Do have a lot of sugar. Same with beer and mixed drinks that have fruit juices, aperitifs, etc. etc. Stay away from all of those. So go with chardonnay, sauvignon blanc, merlot, cabernet, pinot noir, red burgundy (from France, not the fake Cali screw-top red burg), white burgs... yummmm... now I have to go pull a cork on something! I'm two month post-op and (as you can tell) wine is an obsession of mine. I sipped a glass of red burgundy last weekend at a party just as you'd like to do. No problems for me. The alcohol *definitely* hits faster so be careful and do not drive. Have fun.
cerenamorrell
on 2/22/08 3:20 am - Massena, NY
Thanks for the ideas, I love wine myself so I think maybe this weekend I will try some at home YEAH!!!! How are you doing with your weight as well and any problems so far? Where did you have your surgery?
FirstFlight Mike
on 2/22/08 4:01 am - Bolton, MA
Good idea to try wine at home first (thanks to Marsha for catching that) just in case you don't tolerate it. I had my surgery at Tufts New England Medical Center in Boston (I live in the suburbs about 45 minutes away). No trouble so far. Sticking mostly to proteins but have small amounts of fruit, lettuce, tomato, and other low-carb veggies. 60 lbs down since surgery 2 months ago. Very happy about that. Still need to do a better job with exercise though. Good Luck! Mike
Marsha123
on 2/18/08 7:34 am
Try it ahead of time...not there is my advice! =)
sweetpea4u
on 2/23/08 12:54 am - ., NH
i havne't tried it yet... but i want too....lol. i have been holding off basiclly for as long as i can . i don't want the extra cals..... but i do miss it. i already am a slow loser. i think i'm the slowest here!...... so i'll wait a bit more.. my dr did say i coild try it in very small amounts though
Marsha123
on 2/23/08 3:49 am
How much have you lost if you don't mind me asking?
sweetpea4u
on 2/23/08 11:53 pm - ., NH
from my surgury date i have lost 33 pounds..and another 19 from pre-op.......... i really am a slow loser!........so i am now offically pumping up my workouts.......i need to be consistant i guess.....lol.....
Marsha123
on 2/23/08 11:57 pm
Hey!! Well I think that's pretty darn good! I've lost 44 total since sugery so we're in the same ball park (I didnt loose before surgery--they surprised me BIG TIME with a very early scheduling of my surgery). I've been doing to the gym now recently but have only made it there 1-2 times per wk. I hope I can pull it off more bec I'm sure it helps. Best wishes
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 613 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 643 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 854 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 760 views