Checking in at 9 weeks!

Reggaesue
on 2/23/08 10:08 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Things have been going ok..... I've lost 46 pounds to date. I feel great! A bit tired here and there (Not enough protein). I've been trying a few new things and sadly some have not done so well by me (eggs & grilled chicken) to name 2. I had the foamies a few times and had to grt rid of a few things. I hate this feeling. I really miss some of my favorites! But I am still working through my "Break-up" with food. I hope as time passes my pouch will get less sensative to some of the things I love. I really miss salads!! Suzanne
sweetpea4u
on 2/24/08 12:09 am - ., NH
i love the comment about your "break up".........lol......cute way of saying it! you are doing great!. we had surgury at around the same time!... i have only lost 33 pounds post op though.......can you say SLOW>?
FirstFlight Mike
on 2/24/08 5:25 am - Bolton, MA
Go Suzanne Go. Also loved your 'break up with food' expression. Exactly how I felt. It's fading with me tho, well, starting to anyway. Mike
mobbwbeauty
on 2/25/08 12:24 pm - kansas city , MO
Hey there, I am not quite sure that I actually broke up with my food until this week. I guess that explains why I have only lost 8-9 lbs since my banding on 12/14/07. I am really disappointed in myself. I don't do any exercise due to bad knees, bad back, and overyly hectic work and school schedules.(I currently work 2 full time jobs and am in college full time also)(I know that is insane, but you do what you have to do). I've got to do something soon though. Thursday I had my 2nd fill and now I am getting some restriction.(thank God) after that 1st one I felt like I was going to eat my arm off. I didn't eat that much before I had the band, but my god did I get the munchies after fill#1. Now I am drinking my water, laying off sugary beverages. Trying to eat the 3 times daily as instructed (that is the hard part for me I normally only eat once, late in the day and nibble on junk the rest of it.) I am still not exactly sure what to do about the protein part, but any suggestions would be helpful. I don't even know how to make a protein shake. I am hoping that once I have my port adjusted in the next 3weeks, that I will have an easier time of it. I have had some complications with my port since the beginning. It just isn't stablized so they have to go back in and re attach it a bit higher. Hopefully that won't be another scar. Anyway Congrats to everyone and please, pray for me as I try to get on track with this tool. Nycky 310/291/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 615 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 643 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 856 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 761 views