Updates anyone??? 8 weeks post-op

Christine C.
on 2/24/08 3:51 am - Port Deposit, MD
Just wanted to check in for updates from everyone who is around 8 weeks post-op I posted my updated pics in my profile. Still have 62lbs to go ... but its a start!!! I had my surgery on 12/27/07. Am currently down 37.4lbs. Have just as many good days as bad days it seems lol I think every bad side effect from surgery has happened to me at some point. But I know it could be much worse so I'm trying to stay positive. I work out almost daily. I found a great DVD on Amazon (Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home - Walk Away Your Waistline!) that I do every morning. Sometimes my kids even do it with me How is everyone else doing???
KimJ
on 2/24/08 9:53 pm - Sacramento, CA
Congratulations! I have finally left a LONG stall behind and have lost 47 lbs since my surgery Dec 17th... 116 lbs since Sept 9th when I started Atkins in anticipation of surgery... life is good! All my days are good, which had me thinking my surgery wasn't working... I prayed for dumping or diarrhea or fullness or SOMETHING... but now that the weight loss has picked back up, I feel better (imagine that!).
D8752
on 2/25/08 12:42 am
We have the same surgery date! I am doing great -- down 36 lbs since my journey began this summer... I went to a seminar in June - after a long, long road my insurance finally approved the surgery in November. I had started working on it just in case they said no. so technically I am down 26 since the surgery and 10 before that. I feel incredible! I had a second fill on Friday. THOSE 2 DAYS OF LIQUID after a fill seemed to last forever. I was so excited to eat something yesterday, wow could I feel the restriction this time~ I LOVE IT!! Great job with your weight loss... I need to be better about the exercise! Getting there.... Take care! Highest/230 Post-op 221 /Surgery Date 218 / Today 194! I can't believe I am under 200!!! Haven't been there in at least 6 YEARS!!!
Robin W.
on 2/25/08 6:58 am - West Seneca, NY
I'm glad everyone is doing well! I'm down 58 pounds, and am 2 pounds away from onderland I actually fit into a 16 Tommy Hilfiger jeans that I bought a while ago and never wore I feel fine. I'm working full days and I don't get too tired anymore. I'm eating some different things, but trying to play it safe.
mobbwbeauty
on 2/25/08 12:10 pm - kansas city , MO
Congratulations to you all..... I am not doing nearly as well as any of you. I have only lost 8-9 lbs since my banding on 12/14/07. I have had some trouble with my port not being accessible but I have finally had my second fill. I am hoping that I can get on track now and do a lot better. I really feel like a failure seeing how well others are doing that had their surgeries around the same time as me. I don't quite know what to do to speed up my results, but I am now getting in more water and less sugar. No more eating out for a while other than at work, but only healthy choices then. I have even started taking multivitamins like I was told. The only thing that is a problem is I don't know how to make the protein shakes. I am not even sure what are really good sources of protein to stick with. Any ideas as to what I can do to jump start this weightloss would be helpful. Right now exercise is really hard to do because of bad knees and back, but I am determined to do something, and fast. Nycky
abtyson
on 3/2/08 12:13 pm - Bridgeport, TX
Hadn't been on in a while, so I just saw this post tonight. Don't feel bad! Comparing RNY and lap band is an apple/orange thing. They're both fruit, but they taste different I had surgery on 12/27 and have lost somewhere between 20 and 25 pounds, but most of that was in the first 6 weeks. Now that I've graduated to regular food following the rules is much harder. I've felt like a real champion, but now I feel like I'm making the same mistakes I did pre-surgery. I've had two fills, but still know I can eat WAY too much. I have some protein shake recipes I liked. One is a scoop of vanilla protein powder, 4 oz of milk, a drop of vanilla and a handful of ice cubes. Blend until slushy. I also liked the chocolate protein power and a Tbsp of peanut butter with the milk and ice. One that was real refreshing was the vanilla protein powder, about 4 oz of orange juice (I found some low sugar once, but haven't found it again) and a splash of milk and blended with ice. Good luck and don't lose hope.
Wendi W.
on 2/25/08 5:29 pm - Waukegan, IL
Well, I am down 32 lbs in 8 weeks, I was back to work 10 days following surgery and have not had any problems. I have been feeling tired the last couple of weeks, so I went to my Primary Care Dr. and had him order labs for me. Those vampires took 7 tubes of blood. I asked them to leave me some so I could go to work. I felt that I would rather catch any defiencies earlier than later. I love my sugar free chocolate pudding with sugar free cool whip.... It is good to see others with approximately the same amount of weight loss, as I thought I was going to slow.
sweetpea4u
on 2/26/08 12:14 am - ., NH
hi everyone! surgury on decmber 18 down 34 pounds post op as of this morning and 19 pre op....... total -53 i know i shouldn't compare my weight loss but that is like totally impposible not to do.....everything seems to be going ok....... i have been enjoying thr greek yogert alot lately. it fills me up and gives me 17 grams of protein! and if i put protein powder in too! bam! that's alot of protein!.....lol
Christine C.
on 2/26/08 1:15 am - Port Deposit, MD
I'm honestly happy that I'm losing it at a "slow" pace in comparison to others. It is definitely giving me a chance to tone as I go. Also, I think being a "light weight" makes it come off slower in comparison to someone who has a higher BMI. who would have ever thought 38lbs in 8 weeks would be considered slow? Or that being 100lbs overweight would make us lightweights??? lol
slhoffman
on 2/27/08 4:53 am - LaGrange, NC
I am doing really well. I have very little trouble with food. Today I did my 10 week weigh in.......at 8 weeks I had lost 41. At 10 weeks, I have lost 47. I honestly don't feel like I have lost that much. When I see others say they have lost 40 lbs. I am thinking wow, that is a lot. I just have such a strong feeling that I am not where I am supposed to be or that my surgery isn't working. I hardly ever throw up. I feel like I can eat more than I should. I stop myself when it looks like I have eaten a certain amount. But to say that I feel really full, nope. I am glad to see others post their progress, because it shows me that we are about on the same pace. I wish you all the best.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 613 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 643 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 854 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 760 views