3 months post op updates ?

slhoffman
on 3/10/08 3:10 am - LaGrange, NC
I had my surgery on 12/17/08. I am doing very well. I hardly ever get sick from food. I feel that I have changed the way I think about food now. I pack small lunches, order kids meals, and just don't eat sweets, a lot of carbs, fats, or calories. I haven't weighed yet for this week. I weigh on Wednesdays, because that is the day I always see my surgeon. As of last Wednesday at 11 weeks, I had lost 50 lbs. I went down on size in clothing, but now those pants are getting too big. So, I would say that I have gone down 2 sizes in my clothes. I feel so great. I used to take 50 units of insulin every morning, and high blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, and other stuff. Now I take NO MEDS!!!! I feel so much better about myself now. I can't wait until I can lose 100 lbs. I know it will come. I am being patient. I know that when I am having a slow week, I will just try harder next week. Does anyone want to share? I hope everyone is doing well.
Kelly73
on 3/10/08 3:38 am - Waynesboro, PA
I had surgery on 12/4/07 and am down 66 lbs. People who don't know that I had the surgery are just now starting to notice. I feel good and can actually walk without getting tired. I have pic's on my profile if you want to check them out. Congratulations on your achievements! Especially the NO MEDS!!!
tjcherry
on 3/10/08 4:54 am - Gahanna, OH
I had surgery on 12/4/07 and have lost 61 lbs. I'm absolutely loving it - I'm finally under 200lbs, I am able to fit in clothes much smaller than I could before. I wore size 14 jeans this weekend. I can't remember the last time I wore 14's!!! I was so excited. Everyone tells me I look great, so hopefully they arent all lying to me I feel great and have only a few small complications and don't really get sick much.
FirstFlight Mike
on 3/11/08 1:11 am - Bolton, MA
Incredible story Stacy, and wonderful progress! To be free of all of those meds must feel like a prison sentence was removed! Wow. My 3-month mark is coming up next week, and I'll post some photos along with my current weight loss number. Keep up the great work you've been doing. Mike
chilliebabie
on 3/11/08 8:45 pm - SCOTTSBLUFF, NE
i had mine on dec 20th and kind of having a hard time with it all. Here i am 3 fills later sitting at 7 ccs already with very little restriction but my will power has got me over the 50 lb mark. i go for yet another fill next tuesday so i hope this one will do the trick I noticed my clothes are getting loser too but im just not ready to trade them in for a smaller size yet, have been exercizing and can tell i do have more energy than i use to, and have been sticking pretty good to my diet but hopefully by my bday in 6 months i hope to hit the 100 mark
barbccrn
on 3/12/08 7:27 am - Las Vegas, NV
I had my RNY on 12/6 and posted my pics on my profile.Down 52 lbs since surgery. Down 3 sizes...started out at size 26/28 and today I'm wearing a size 20 jeans. My scrubs are down to an XL with room to spare. Problems??...only with chicken...can't keep it down. But I can do beef and any kind of steak. YAY!!!!!! Exercise??? Yea 4-5 times/week on the stationary bike. If you would have told THIS GIRL 4 months ago she'd be exercising on a regular basis...would have said..."you're CRAZY". But I LOVE my NEW LIFE and I LOVE MY RONNIE(RNY)
Miko365
on 3/13/08 12:14 am - Oxnard, CA
I had my RNY 12/19/2007. Pre surgery I was 358lbs and yesterday I weighed in at 282lbs, down 76lbs since my surgery and 108lbs down since my biggest of 390lbs back in April 2007. My BP, fasting sugar, cholesterol, is all normal and I no longer have to use my CPAP machine. I workout 5 times a week. 2 days a week I do kettlebell training. Then the other 3 I workout with a personal trainer doing cardio/weight training/yoga. I plan to join a mixed martial arts school next month and hope to be competing in a year. I am doing great with food and am getting in about 100-120gms of protein. Everyone is doing great on here and I am so thankful for the knowledge and support I have received from this website.
KimJ
on 3/15/08 8:03 am - Sacramento, CA
My 3 month anniversary is coming up on March 17th.... I have lost 53.5lbs and am thrilled. I don't dump, have never thrown up, and no foods I have tried have bothered me (and I have tried most everything except for ice cream)... I eat a regular diet, just smaller amounts. I only lost 7 lbs between week 6 and 12, and I was VERY disgusted, but I am thrilled to say that I am back to losing at a quicker pace and am excited .
antsmith101
on 3/17/08 4:00 am - Aliso Viejo, CA
I'm usually on another Forum for lapband but was told by my doctor to join here and stuff... so here I am. So my 3 month update is im at 57pound lost... hopefully 60 soon ;) I just got my second fill about 2 weeks ago and I got a good restriction on it... but what also helped me out is I have been hitting the gym everyday for this past 3weeks... going on 4th. So... last Friday I did my first 3miles in 42min... which im very proud of and going to work on getting that time down. Hopefully by April I can loose about atleast 6 more pounds.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 615 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 643 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 856 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 761 views