Time to Check In Again!

Genisis
on 8/18/08 3:28 pm - NV
Well, it is that time again. Time to share all of your successes, struggles, blessings, "wow" moments, and other random thoughts. We are all somewhere around 8 months post-op now. Hard to believe isn't it? I know I haven't been around much lately, but you know how the story goes: life just gets in the way. I'm just glad that RNY helped give me my life back! I hope everyone is doing well, staying on track, and moving closer to goal each and every day. I'm currently down 118 pounds since surgery. I'm running out of clothes What's a girl to do But trust me, I'm not complaining. I can't believe I tried on size 10 jeans a couple of weeks ago, and tada......they fit!!! Craziest part of it is, I couldn't bring myself to buy them. There's some type of weird disconnect between how I think of myself and what I see in the mirror. I still expect the sales lady to point me toward the plus size department. I'm starting to wonder if/when my mind will catch up with my body. That's probably my biggest issue right now, body image. I'm starting to notice the saggy skin issues more and more every day, but I focus on the exercise so that I'll be healthy and have some good muscle tone before embarking on the plastics journey. I have no doubt, there's a tummy tuck in my future. No real food issues to speak of. I'm one of those post-wlsers that can pretty much eat whatever. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm going to...lol After all, wouldn't that defeat the purpose? As some of you may remember, only one person close to me knows that I had this surgery. Well the fateful moment is getting closer. In about 2 months I will be seeing family members that I haven't seen in well over a year. I'm already starting to get nervous, anxious and excited about their reactions to the new me. I still have about 45 pounds to go, some days it seems like I'm never going to make it, but I just keep trying to remind myself that its only been 8 months. I have to force myself to see how far I've come rather than how much more I have to go. Okay, okay, okay......so, I've rambled on enough, now it's your turn...............
Kelly73
on 8/20/08 1:14 am - Waynesboro, PA
I had surgery on 12/4 and am down 125lbs, only 3 lbs from goal. I am wearing a size 10/11 pants and a medium/large top. My skin is sagging terribly, especially at my arms and pouch area. In fact if I were to have some plastic surgery I am sure that I would be able to fit into a size 5 at largest, unfortunately my insurance won't cover it and I don't have that kind of money. I would much rather be this size with sagging skin than heavy so I am not complaining at all. I know that I look much better and I get compliments a lot and see men looking at me, which is a great feeling. I was exercising regulary before baseball season began for the boys and am now just getting back into it. I actually played church league softball this summer and had fun, although it was odd readjusting to my new body. I do not regret one day that I had this surgery, in fact it is just the opposite. My friend convinced me to join Match.com and I met an incredible man. The relationship is new but I see good things in the future, hopefully. There are lots of pictures on my page if you want to check them out.
scrappergirl
on 8/25/08 3:11 am - Inland Empire, CA

I had surgery on 12/28 and I've lost 82 lbs (I'm a Lite weight). I watch things carefully as I easily gain the weight back. Thats what happened at the beginning of August, I went on a short vacation and had fun eating way to much. 4 lbs in the blink of an eye. I learned a good lesson even with my tool I must be careful and pay attention. I'm back on track now and  everyday getting closer to my goal weight.

Bekki        
sweetpea4u
on 8/25/08 7:42 am - ., NH
ok. time for a checkin!

hi!

a little over 8 months. dec 18th was the day
i've lost 99 pounds since i began the program and 80 pounds since surgery. i guess i am a slower loser!. but i'll take it. i want to lose another 39 pounds, that will put me in the middle of a normal bmi........i would love to make that gol by my one year, but that is another 39 pounds to lose by dec 18. so i'm not sure my body is going to do that!.... as long as i keep going in the right direction i'm happy.....

i'm not real adventurous with my food choices, i tend to eat alot of the ssmae stuff. i guess i get a little nervous of stuff making me sick. i don't throw up and haven't gotten foamies since the very beginning

i'm like genisis, i have not shared about my wls to basicly anyone, i personally find it very personal and did not want to be under the magnifying glass......i certainly don't lie about it, i just don't get into any details......... " it's been alot of hard work, changing my eating plan, and working out regularly "..........people don't really question it to much really proabably cuz they have seen me go up and down like a yo yo through the years..........and they probably are saying"oh here she goes again".....lol

i've been losing hair. but i do have a ton of hair to begin with, but i'm looking forward to it stopping! nobody can actually tell i'm losing it, but i know kinda thing

i just found out from my surguen that i have to have my gallbladder out...... BUMMER~... first he was thinking it was an internal hernia. but now the test result are in  GALLBLADDER....ugggggggggg. very bad timing for me too with work...... i just keep shaking my haed and wishing it would all just go away, but i know it's not going to and these attacks will continue and proabbly get worse or more frequent....

i'm so happy to hear from a few of you that were in dec also!. keep up the hard work and post away! i like eharing about everyone from the month of december

century mark at 9 months out

jonelle32514
on 8/31/08 12:51 pm - Pensacola, FL
I had surgery on 12/31 and I am down 138 lbs since that day. I am in a S top and size 6 bottom.  I have issues with my skin. Standing up, I look good, laying down is another story. I had no idea that I have so much excess skin.  I am hoping a TT is in my future.  My goal weight is 135, my Dr's goal weight was 160-165. 

I still have food issues. Bread, pasta and red meat hurt my pouch. 

I saw a picture of me pre-op and about died. I can't believe I was that big. I still haven't told anyone about my surgery. Its my secret.  I have decided it will be my secret forever. 

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 611 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 638 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 848 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!