Dec '07...it's Oct...We're 10 months out!!!!!!!

sherri0121
on 10/20/08 9:53 am - Fort Mill, SC
I can definately feel your frustration.  When I started this whole journey I was 286.  I'm now 196... 90lbs down and 64 more to go.  My weightloss has seriously slowed to almost a halt.  I've been floating  from 194-200 for 3 - 4 months now.  I'm too am not complaining about the weight I've already lost just that I'm stuck now.  I've been so frustrated with the lack of weightloss that I'd quit my daily 30-45min walk for the past couple weeks.  Plus the fact that I'm studying for the CPA exam.  Since it's turned colder I'll probably start back on the exercise bike or doing the Wii Fit - I promise.

Ok, I'll fess up that I've not been getting the protein in like I should  the past couple months...I'm just so sick of the shakes.  I've tried the bullets, but they are just way to expensive for me to afford while I'm still out of a job.

I can eat most anything.  On the 4th of July I had less than 1/2 of a fatty hamburger and suffered the next day with dumping.  I don't really do fatty/ fried foods so I don't know how well I can tolerate them...don't really care to try.  I can do some french fries.  When I do homemade fries I'll do them in the oven and tolerate them just fine.

On a good note, I ran out of clothes and had to do some shopping.  Sales of my old clothes are doing pretty well on ebay.
MEO21
on 10/21/08 3:12 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Happy Anniversary Everyone!!!
I cannot believe that is will have been an entire year soon. I can still remember starting my pre-op diet the day before Thanksgiving last year. The Holidays were certainly tough, and it's refreshing that I can say it to everyone here because you know exactly what I mean.

Life is crazy/wonderful. At my highest I was 350 (probably more but I refused to weigh myself). The date of surgery I was 344, and to date I weight 156.6, so that's about 187 pounds lost.

But It sure wasn't without HEAVY price. I've been in the ER a couple of times; fainting, low potssium, dehydration, etc. Thankfully, nothing with the wiring so to speak (leaks, ulcers, blockage, etc.) I am still tired all of the time. I bruise very easily, and even without incident, they just appear. No specific cause that they could find, but I still loose tons of hair everyday. But as bad as it is, I would not have traded it for anything!

Summer 2007 was my big wake up call when I couldn't get on the first ride of the day at Kings Dominion. I was so mortified, having to be let off and wait for my group on the side, as 100+ people in line jus****ched. Needless to say, I didn't even attempt getting on anymore that day.
This Summer, I've been to 4 amusement parks, and rode every single ride. WOO HOO!

I am in a size 6 now, which is the first time, since..... I don't know 5th grade, it's incredible. There is a LOT of skin though. I only wear three quarter or long sleeve shirts, long pants, and nothing too shear. I really want to have the surgery for that, but I am still trying to take care of what I can on my own. One thing I will be doing is buying a pair of boobs (sorry gentlemen on the blog). Within the first 2 months after surgery, I kid you not, all my weight came from my chest. I have 2 tube socks left, and even the wonder bra isn't helping. So, just to fill them back in a little, and because I don't want the much more larger scars of a lift, I would like to get some implants. We'll see how that journey goes. The Doc says I meet with the plastic surgeons in December for the initial consult.

I am so happy for everyone here. Keep up the great work guys. We'll be celebrating our 1 year soon!!!

Meghan, F'burg VA
Start/Present/Goal
344/157/150
Sluggo
on 10/21/08 4:44 am - Virginia Beach, VA
It has been 10 months and all is GREAT!  For the last 3 months I have really not concentrated on the weight loss.  I kind of snacked here and snack there, nothing major, and I still am loosing weight.  I started going back to the gym today and was scared to get on the scale.  I actually still am loosing.  I am currently .5 lbs from my initial goal.  I am 185.5 from 311.  I can only give glory to GOD.

I know that since I am back in the gym after 6 months, I will probably drop and initial 15 more lbs, I am scared of that because that would put me at 170 lbs, way to skinny.  I never thought I would be saying that.  I know as I ingest a lot more protien, like 150 grams a day, I will start putting the weight back on.  Knowing that it is muscle mass not fat.  I am ok with that.

For those who are not having as much success and are begining to get depress. STICK WITH IT.  Journal, do something to identify what may be causing the issues.  If anything, go back to the basics and shock your body back into WL.

I wish each and everyone God's blessings...
bigjoev
on 10/22/08 12:19 pm, edited 10/22/08 12:20 pm
I hoped I would lose 100 pounds in the first 18 months following surgery.  By the end of nine months I lost 160 pounds....way more than my wildest imagination.  I am 6'4' tall and only weigh 200.  I went from a size 60 trouser to a size 34.  I NEVER thought that would be again!  I am still losing, though much slower.  I have been trying to stop losing for the last two months, but still losing a bit.  I guess if I lose another five to ten pounds it won't hurt anything, but it is time to level out. 

The surgery was the best decision of my life!  It truly saved my life.  I can do things I have not been able to do for many years.  The diabetes has completely gone, after 2-4 injections of insulin a day for 25 years!  That alone is worth the surgery.  I can fit where I never fit before and people treat me quite differently. 

Friends who have not seen me in awhile (and family) do not recognize me when they see me now.  I have to carry a photo to prove it is me.  I find it quite amusing.  I am working hard to continue keeping the weight off.  I don't want to have gone through all this to put it back on.  Life is too short for that.

I hope all are as excited as I have been.  In any case, just remember the surgery is only a tool, and if not used properly one will not see the expected results.  Don't give up.  Remember, it is not trespassing if the borders you cross are your own!
Wendi W.
on 10/27/08 8:16 am - Waukegan, IL
Tomorrow I am 10 months out, and I am down 95lbs.  I am wearing 6/8/10 in pants, and large tops.  I have some flabby skin, but nothing to serious.  I love the way I am looking these days at 157 and if I loose more fine, but if not that is ok too.  I still have not tested the waters, so I do not know if I dump on sugar or not.
Wendi

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 615 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 643 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 856 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 902 views
I am Back