Dec '07...it's Oct...We're 10 months out!!!!!!!

barbccrn
on 10/7/08 9:22 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hey Dec '07 sistas and bros...how are we all doin'???? Dang...this weight loss thing is REALLY SLOOOOOWING down...I mean really slowing down. My current #s...I'm down to 180 lbs which means only 50 lbs to goal...and thats a HUGE 50 lbs because no matter how little I eat(or how much) or how much I exercise I'm only losing 2-4 lbs a month.

Now...I don't mean to sound like a spoiled BIOTCH and I knew it wouldn't be easy...BUT I just wish the weight loss Gods would throw me a bone here to get me motivated again and back to being the perfect patient.

Yes...I am totally grateful for my loss up to this point...BUT...the big 5-0 Bday is exactly 6 months from today and to be honest I don't see being to goal by then.   :(   :(

Posittives: I'm wearing a medium top; I wore a size 12 jeans yesterday(but honestly still in a 14 in most jeans).

And how are you guys all doing???????????

PhotobucketPhotobucket

lynn D.
on 10/8/08 4:13 pm - Manteca, CA
Happy 10 month anniversary to ALL !!

Its been a busy last month, made two trips to the east coast, and NO seatbelt extension! It was wonderful to have all that room and ya know the seats dont seem so close anymore. My carryon case seems so light now with my clothes being a third of what they use to be.

Went to see my folks for the first time since WLS, made them so happy to see me healthy and smaller. What a wonderful surprise for them. We went to Oktoberfest in Helen Georgia, learn there carbs are "evil. "  Any suggestions how to beat these temptations and cravings?

Havent been working out much because of the heat, no more excuses feels like fall is in the air.

6 more lbs to go to meet my personnal goal, 10 more to meet the doctors goal, wish me luck!

hugs  Lynn

Godsblessedme
on 10/9/08 8:17 am
well i'm still the slowest frigin looser ever! 69 pounds since surgery big friggin whoopie! still wearing plus size clothes adn i am getting too discouraged i was working out 4x week for 60minutes each time, i stoped last week cause i'm so frustrated at not seeing the scale move! i still have 60 or more pounds to loose to get to goal. i'm just mad! and i'm tired of seeing those who are 6 months at made it to goal already! sorry i'm venting a bit

Deborah
Highest 268 / Current Weight 188(6/9/09)  / Goal 130
RNY Dec. 18, 2007
Onderland reached 7/21/08
God is good... All of the time!

KimJ
on 10/11/08 7:36 am - Sacramento, CA
I am doing great.  I am not a quick loser post op by any means, have lost 94lbs since surgery on December 17th , and 163lbs since Sept 9th when I "started" losing weight- I was a quick loser PRE OP, thank you Dr. ATKINS! ......  it's hard to believe that one year ago I weighed 347lbs and wore a size 32 or 5XL.... and today, I weigh 184lbs and wear a Large or a 12.....   It is hard for me to comprehend this is "ME" and it is overwhelming a I am grateful, truly blessed.....   I am half the woman I used to be who is living twice the life!  I still haven't had a post op complication, or even vomitted... I can't complain.  I am about 9 lbs from my personal goal (my surgeon didn't think I would get below 190-I am 5-9) and anxiously awaiting plastic surgery (which will easily lop off 10-15lbs of saggy belly rolls/skins).....  I had about 6+ weeks without a pound lost, but I am starting to lose slowly again, which is fine by me.

Life is good.

southernbelle52
on 10/11/08 8:28 am - Jacksonville, AL

I have lost 157 pounds since beginning my weight loss journey (Sept. 07). I am down 123 since surgery. My protein levels are low and my vitamin D is low but I am working on those to get them up. I have been in my first real stall for the past couple of weeks. I have not really lost any weight in that time. I am losing inches though. I go to Curves 3 days a week and try to walk everyday.
Life is good. I wish I had done this much sooner.
I am about 30 pounds from my goal. Dr. never set one for me. I would really like to lose 40 pounds so I have 10 pounds to play with. If I keep on stalling, I might just decide I'm at goal. LOL.
Congratulations to all on your success.

vickie

Cindy C.
on 10/13/08 6:30 am
I was 10 months out on Oct. 5th.  As of then, I had lost 93 lbs. - weighing 135.  Since then I have lost one more lb.  Just 2 more and I will finally have a healthy BMI.  It's been 25 years.  I now weigh 1 lb. less than what I weighed when I met my husband 25 years ago.  The body is not the same though - gravity has taken over!  lol.  Life is great.  This surgery is the best thing I have ever done for myself.  I have bypassed the surgeons goal of 146.  My personal goal is 120, so I have 14 lbs. to go.  My weight loss has slowed to about 4 - 6 pounds per month.  I pray it doesn't get any slower.  I want sooo much to reach goal by my 1 year anniversary.  Can I lose 14 lbs. in 2 months?  I'm sure gonna try.  Our friends had a baby and had no room for their bowflex, so they brought it to me today.  I'm hoping that by changing my workout routine, I will see better results on the scale. 

This is the first time I have posted on the December board.  I will try to post monthly from now on.  I have posted regularly on my profile though - in case anyone is interested.

Congrats to all you December losers!  Keep up the good work.

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

FirstFlight Mike
on 10/14/08 3:02 am - Bolton, MA

Life is really good, post-WLS. My surgery was on 12/19/07 and I've had no complications at all.

Over the past 3 months I've averaged a loss of 11 lbs per month, and I'm thrilled at that speed this far out.

I've lost 165 lbs since surgery, 219 lbs since my highest weight. I'm actually 15 lbs *below* my initial goal. I'm letting the body tell me when we're done losing, but for now the pounds are still coming off.

My waist has shrunk from a 64 to a 40 (at 6' 3", that's not bad).

It's hard to describe all of the changes and improvements in my life over the past 10 months. Astounding when I step back and just take it in.

Christine C.
on 10/15/08 9:18 am - Port Deposit, MD
I will be 10 months out in about a week and a half.  So far I'm down 110lbs and currently weigh 114.  I went from size 22 pants to a size 2/4 and my tops went from 2X to Small.  Unfortunately, I'm at the other end of the spectrum and am struggling to STOP the loss.  I do have an appointment with my surgeon on the 27th for my checkup and hopefully she will have some suggestions for me.  I tried the NUT suggestions and they didn't work out very well  lol

Everyone is doing fantastic!!!
Christine

KritterK
on 10/17/08 1:24 pm - Rockwall, TX
I can't believe that nearly 10 months have passed!  Other than my first dumping episode last week (Baked Ruffles for Pete's sake!)things have gone really well.  Weight loss has slowed down since month 8.  I'm down exactly 100 lbs.  I weigh 128 lbs and am wearing size 4 petite.  My Dr. wants me to get to 110 because he says I will gain 10% on top of the lowest.  It's very frustrating to see the finish line and not just get there already!  However, I will say that I would do this all over again in a heartbeat.  I only wish that this had been available to me when I was in my thirties!  Good luck everyone! 
JMayes
on 10/17/08 9:05 pm - Fayetteville, AR

I guess I am the lone lapbander on here  but I am down 74.5 pounds with a goal of 100 before my one year bandiversary on December 19.  I only lost 4 of those pounds presurgery. The doctor said lapband averages are 50-75% of excess weight which they said I have 100 (but my goal is to lose 140) so according to them I have lost 74.5% of my "excess weight" at 10 months out...they said average 2 years.  I think they have to be really conservative with what they tell you because you can definitely eat "around" the band if you want to.  I do exercise1-2 hours a day during the week and at least 45 min each day on the weekends.  I just got a Wii Fit a month ago and I am religiously on it at least 45 min a day and do 1-2 hours of Dance Dance Revolution most days of the week...or Wii We Cheer....or I am starting Wii We SKi! 

Are there any lapbanders from December 07 on here?

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 611 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 639 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 849 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 900 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 754 views