How does one maintain?

Beckmo
on 1/25/10 5:03 am - Mesa, AZ
I have never maintained in my life, so this is very new to me.
I am feeling a bit frustrated about not "getting it" with eating right.  Yes, the weight came off and I hit my personal goal of what I want to weigh (losing 175 pounds), then the holiday hit... and I gained some back.  I seem to do pretty good on eating and exercising during the week but then... the weekend comes and it is a free-for-all and I am eating a lot of the things I shouldn't.  Is it any wonder then why I am not losing those extra holiday pounds?  I am frustrated with myself. 
So, how does this maintaining work?  How many calories do you eat?  I know it is different for each person but I guess I am curious as to what is an average "norm" out there.
I haven't changed my exercise since I hit my goal weight, mainly because of my bad "free weekends".  I just wonder what my problem is and it terrifies me to regain it all because I didn't "get" that right way of eating.
I still follow the rules of protein first, no water with or an hour after meals.  I try and get 100 grams of protein a day and drink 4 litres of water.  I probably eat about a cup-size of food for a meal.
What is the norm?
Please respond.
kellymb
on 5/19/10 1:55 pm - Albuquerque, NM
I sure hope someone can answer your questions, as I am asking myself the same things. I did really great until the holidays but I've been really screwing up lately. I just read somewhere that "Saturday is the new Thanksgiving". I guess I need to find more things to keep me busy instead of grazing. Good luck to you (and me too).
scrappergirl
on 6/6/10 10:41 am - Inland Empire, CA
I am interested in seeing an answer to your question. I'm up 22 lbs and starting to get desparate. This summer is going to be focused on losing that weight
Beckmo
on 6/6/10 3:10 pm - Mesa, AZ
I am right with you.  I am getting that panicky feeling with gaining some weight back.  I am up about 20 lbs too.  I am reading a book called "Intuitive Eating" and am trying to adapt those principles into my life.  Right now I am just trying to exercise hard, have mindful eating, and lose back to what I want... THEN ... try the whole maintainance thing again... we will see.  If you have any ideas... input... etc ... let me know!
norricia
on 9/15/10 10:14 am - Carlisle, PA
Hello all, I am asking the same questions. why is this so hard? I was doing great while in El Paso and working with my doctor, and all of a sudden I have lost my support, and am having a very difficult time here in Pennsylvania, not just with my gaining, but also getting connected to a doctor for follow ups and a support group. This is utterly ridiculous....I am frustrated, bored and just plain miserable!
Norricia
Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 611 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 640 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 849 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 900 views
I am Back