Question about Tummy Tuck surgery

sunshine_tx
on 2/3/10 3:10 am - TX
Has anyone been successful with getting insurance to pay for tummy tuck after lap band??

259/246/204/160
Consult//Surgery/Current/Goal

perlgrrl
on 3/16/10 4:28 pm - evans, GA
Beckmo
on 6/6/10 3:16 pm - Mesa, AZ
I tried to get insurance to cover it because of a reoccuring umbilical hernia.  They would cover the hernia repair but not the skin removal.  A panniculectomy is different from a tummy tuck.  A tummy tuck works with the muscles, etc (a lot more involved) a panniculectomy JUST removes the excess skin (apron).  My surgeon went ahead and did the umbilical hernia repair and did the panniculectomy too.  I was VERY appreciative!!   I do know that it is VERY important that if you have rashes to GO to the doctor to get them documented.  The more documentation the better chances you have of getting it covered.  I never got rashes though.  Good luck!
KimJ
on 7/20/10 2:52 pm - Sacramento, CA
Hi.  My insurance company WOULD pay for the panniculectomy, but would not pay for a tummy tuck (or abdominoplasty).  I paid about $8000 (he gave me quite a discount) for my extended abdominoplasty.  13lbs of skin removed.  I LOVE IT!!! and I had NOOOOOOOOOO pain!!!!
I say find a way to make it happen and GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 years
Twinmama06 · 0 replies · 611 views
5 years
wendy T. · 0 replies · 639 views
4 Years!!!
Cindy C. · 0 replies · 849 views
3 Years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twinmama06 · 3 replies · 900 views
I am Back
megan W. · 0 replies · 754 views