December peps..

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/08 12:05 pm - Mt Pleasant, IA
Are you going to celebrate the holidays early?  Holiday dinner? Goodies?  I plan on celebrating my last good meal for a long time on Thanksgiving and an early birthday too (which is 4 days after my surgery)
Tom B.
on 11/12/08 1:35 pm - Runnemede, NJ
haven't thought about it that much.  I have to work Turkey Day. and like you celebrating my b-day after surgery. Mine is 8 days after.
sara772779
on 11/12/08 5:22 pm - Allen, TX
Nothing early, but I wonder about after.  My cousin is getting married 10 days post-op and that is when my family decided to do the big Christmas party since everyone will already be in town.  I will still be on thick liquids probably, if I am even up for going out of town.  This will be my first Christmas without good German beer and food.  It is sad, but good riddance!
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/08 6:40 am - Mt Pleasant, IA
Well I would invite you all over for dinner but.. we all live so far away from each other.  I told my mom I want ALL my favorites for Thanksgiving and I intend on eating my face off all that weekend.  I know that is bad but I'm gonna be bad one last time!
blisandt
on 11/13/08 5:54 pm - MA
I go on my liquid preop the day before thanksgiving.  TG is small and quiet: me and my folks.  They have invited me for a "modified" meal (me drinking, in other words) on the day... and I plan a long long long hike, rain or shine that day.

It is a day I want to be very aware of: my choices are in play....  and they are choices that are for a future not the present (which ain't all that bad, I am grateful for the opportunities and life I have.. but not the bod.  LOL).

Highest: 324
Initial Consult: 315
Start of PreOpDiet: 301
Op Date (12/9/08): 286
08/26/09: ONDERLAND
MD's Goal: 188
Lap RNY and Lap Cholecystectomy (Gall Bladder) date: 12/09/08
tammy F.
on 11/15/08 7:16 am - houston, TX
I am totally eating everything I love on Thanksgiving.  I start my liquid diet for pre-op on Dec. 1, and I have made a list of must eats between now and then. I am okay with never eating them again after I have them one last time.  And then, the changes I have been waiting so long for will take me into a new and exciting chapter of my life.
luvinmyfour
on 11/15/08 1:12 pm - haverhill, MA
I was laughing as I read your post because I am having Thanksgiving tomorrow with about 15 people coming over to celebrate it with me I start my liquid diet on Monday and my surgery is the 2nd of December.
@-(------ Michelle

Vamp459
on 11/17/08 10:40 am - Gillett, PA
I'm doing the crazy Thanksgiving with my family. Then we're not doing Christmas, the meal part since I'll be on liquids. My whole family is being amazing with the whole not doing the meal at all.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 848 views