23 Days and Counting, DEC 10th, I'm sooo excited!!

michelle H.
on 11/16/08 10:48 pm - Sherwood, AR
My surgery date is December 10th and I can't think about anything else. I feel like my ADHD is in hypermode. I can't focus on anything but my upcoming surgery. I work from home, so thats not good, I can barely get work done without checking this site or my emails from friends. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time. I wanted to pack my hospital bag, but didn't want my husband to think I was insane. I have gotten the kids all squared away for that weekend and everything. Its like I'm preparing to have a baby and waiting on my water to break, lol. Do I sound too crazy to anyone reading this? Hope not. Its going to be soo exciting to ring in the new year being a loser!! Hope to hear from some of you guys soon.
Michelle
blisandt
on 11/17/08 1:04 am - MA
you date is my date.

cheers to us... insanity rules.

I have my preop this thursday (the surgeon, the anesthesiology team)... and I have already booked my (required) 2-week check up (which numerically falls on 12/24, not going to happen then, cannot be postponed another week - that's 12/31) for 12/18 (yes, folks, that's 8 days post op!)...

I can't wait either and keep looking at peoples numbers and even if I am HALF as far along by my 3-, 4-th, 5-th month, I will be dancing for joy.

I hope this week's appointment calms me down, but it might not...

do you have do so a preop liquid diet (I do: am starting 11/26)?  a day-before clearout (I don't)?

I am going to set you up as a "friend" buddy.. here we go!

Yeee HAWwwww!
Highest: 324
Initial Consult: 315
Start of PreOpDiet: 301
Op Date (12/9/08): 286
08/26/09: ONDERLAND
MD's Goal: 188
Lap RNY and Lap Cholecystectomy (Gall Bladder) date: 12/09/08
michelle H.
on 11/17/08 1:18 am - Sherwood, AR
I do my pre-op appointment this Thursday too, lol How funny. We are right there with each other. Yes, I have to do the Protien Shakes for 2 weeks prior to surgery. So that puts me at 11/26 too. Hate that about Thanksgiving, but hey so much more worth it than a meal that I usually overeat and fall asleep after anyway. thanks for adding me as a friend. Can't wait to support each other through this. I'm in Arkansas. Where are you located. I havent scheduled my first followup yet, guess they will do that this week. Talk to you soon.
Michelle
eula05
on 11/17/08 3:31 am
Congrats.  I feel the same way, my date is Dec. 18th.  I can hardly wait.
michelle H.
on 11/17/08 3:48 am - Sherwood, AR
Congrats on your upcoming date. Keep me posted and we can be online support buddies for each other as we will be going through some of the same things at the same time.
Michelle
B. Cessna
on 11/17/08 9:34 am - Gettysburg, PA
My surgery is December 15th, I am the same way. I have meals cooked and frozen for my husband, I have cleaned from one end to the other, organized almost everything at home and work!!! I actually have thought about packing my bag also!!!
Brenda

*Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are*

michelle H.
on 11/17/08 10:26 am - Sherwood, AR
Congrats on your upcoming surgery. We will be going through some of the same stuff at the same time so we need to be online support buddies. I need all the support I can get. What a great idea about freezing the food. I guess I've been kinda selfish, I've made arrangements for my kids so my husband can be with me at the hospital, but I haven't thought about him, lol. ARe you doing the gastric bypass or the lapband? i'm doing the laproscopic RNY, i weighed the pros and cons of both for me and i don't have the time to go get fills like I should. Good luck in the upcoming weeks.
Michelle
B. Cessna
on 11/17/08 7:38 pm - Gettysburg, PA

I will be an on line support buddy, I am going to need a lot of support too! I am having the open RNY. Like you I don't have the time for the fills. I work for a urologist and we are so busy and it is hard to take time off. The doctor is taking a long Christmas vacation so I have time to heal.  I need to come back to work before the end of the month for a few hours at a time, two to three days. Hope to feel like it cause it is necessary!
Brenda

*Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are*

blisandt
on 11/17/08 2:50 pm, edited 11/17/08 11:26 pm - MA
I am in Massachusetts... and I have queued up care for my (3) dogs for a full 3 weeks post op.  I know I am going to miss them, but they are going to be in good hands, and I can "spring them" sooner if I am up to it.

I am moving in to my folks' guest room post op... but expect to be champing at the bit ( so to speak LOL) to get home by the time my sister gets to town (12/17)...  I love her and we are very close, and I am thrilled that she is able to come "for the holidays" and "to see the folks" and to "buddy up" with me at whatever stage I am in...  I also don't have to go to wor****il Jan 7...  I really didn't see the need to rush back...  I don't have people's LIVES in my hands, and I have been earning all the extended sick leave, why not take it? !

On we go folks!

HIgurl
on 11/18/08 7:42 am
i have the same date too (dec. 10th) and i know how u feel...i cant stop obsessing over this....i think about it all day..anyways good luck and God bless
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views