Paid for the surgery today so it's really happening on Dec 1

sara772779
on 11/21/08 3:02 am - Allen, TX
Every day this week I have gotten a call from my surgeons office with a new request and often a request for money. 

Monday it was to remind me about my EGD on Saturday.  (One more look since I've had so many stomach problems over the last couple of years.  I get EGDs quarterly anyway, so he'll be repairing the hiatal hernia and removing the ulcerated scar tissue from the past

Tuesday it was to pay for the upcoming EGD and remind me time/place/restrictions.  I reminded them I can only use propofol for short term anesthesia.

Wednesday the anesthesiologist's office called to ask why I want propofol.  I guess extreme nausea and falling down hours after I wake up on the other stuff wasn't enough.  He said he will only think about it.  I did have to tell him to think pretty quick because I might need to consult someone who "is in my network AND who will do what I ask".  I am never a ***** well sometimes, but come on, really?  I've got history with anesthesia and he won't consider what I am asking.

Thursday the hospital called for pre-admittance of the EGD on Saturday. 

Friday, today, my surgeon's office called to confirm our 12/1 surgery date and asked me to pre-pay my co-pay.   She reminded me to start my liquids on Monday! 

I am only 10 days away and I am so excited!
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/08 12:50 pm - Mt Pleasant, IA
Congrats!
Let your count down begin!! :-0
relovlee
on 11/23/08 10:38 am - VA
Let's go december losers woohoo!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views