sick 9 days before surgery

luvinmyfour
on 11/21/08 11:22 pm - haverhill, MA
so bummed out ! i guess there is a reason for me getting sick now I am sure they are going to cancel my surgery because I wont be strong enough.  has this happened to any of you before??
@-(------ Michelle

B. Cessna
on 11/21/08 11:40 pm - Gettysburg, PA
My surgery isn't til 12/15 but I just wanted to let you know that I hope you feel better soon!

*Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are*

luvinmyfour
on 11/22/08 12:20 am - haverhill, MA
aawwhhh thanks...I tried to be so careful using hand sanitizer, lysol and etc...but I have 2 kids in school and I work in a nursing home The two in school have already been sick and the two little ones are bound to be sick next week .  It was a sure thing that tis would happen but I appreciate your post and best of luck with your surgery.
@-(------ Michelle

brenmatt65
on 11/22/08 1:11 am - Powell, WY
As a matter of fact, I was sick just days before my surgery and by the time I had my surgery I was fine.  Take good care of yourself and it may not slow you down at all.  What sort of illness are you suffering from?  Cold? Stomach flu?  If you don't mind me asking.

Brenda
luvinmyfour
on 11/22/08 7:30 am - haverhill, MA
head cold alot of chest congestion, sore throat and now my ears are starting...so off to the dr's tomorrow hopefully get on an antibiotic ....I hate coughing so bad my stomache hurts !! thanks for the post
@-(------ Michelle

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/08 2:33 am - Mt Pleasant, IA
Vitamin C, lots of fluids and rest rest rest!  Take care of yourself and don't let this stop your surgery!  I need you to go 1st so I can ask you all the stupid questions after I have my surgery!

Take care, you still have over a week to get well!  Sending my special healing powers your way!
luvinmyfour
on 11/22/08 7:36 am - haverhill, MA
well the vitamin c I can do...and I can take care of myself  lol but for the rest part of it, that I wish I could do but...my 4 kids would never let that happen, lol but I will try, and send all of those special healing powers this way I need it.
@-(------ Michelle

Rob B.
on 11/22/08 9:54 am - Jefferson City, TN
not to worry you have time to recuperate.  Maybe its best it happened now instead of next week so you'll have time to get better before surgery!  Take care....Rob
keala
on 11/22/08 11:00 am - Honolulu, HI

I read up on some studies on Vitamin C and have ramping mine up 1,000 MG more each week up to 6,000MG before surgery.   You might consider some mega-doses to help you along. 

I did this 8 years ago before I had knee surgery and it worked great.  I will never forget -- it was like a little surgery factory that day -- 5 us of all had knee surgery on the same day and we all saw each other again in the waiting room 10 days later for a post-op check up. 

Some people were really having a hard time healing and I seemed to be the furthest along -- doing well, off my crutches etc. 

I'm hoping that ramping up my Vitamin C count again will help. 

Sending healing thoughts your way!

luvinmyfour
on 11/24/08 5:11 am - haverhill, MA
thanks a bunch for the reply, I hope I am better by then this has been 2 years in the making, lol the first time I was all set and I just got my date and hehehehe I found out I was pregnant and now I always think everything happens for a reason, now I have my beautiful 10 month old baby girl to add to the three I had.  so I have been resting a little, working harder than ever and hoping more than anything.
thanks again
@-(------ Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views