Started Optifast And Down 11 Pounds in 3 Days

Rob B.
on 11/22/08 10:01 am - Jefferson City, TN
Optifast is no joke!  However, after three days I feel like I am finally getting adjusted to an all-liquid diet.  Its tough.  Had headaches the first two days but seems like they're subsiding now.  When I started on Optifast on Wednesday I was at 283.6 lbs and today (Saturday) I weighed in at 272 this morning.  I am just looking forward to this part of the journey being over and need to keep my eye on the ball.  Anyone else having to do Optifast before surgery?  Comments will be appreciated.  take care, Rob
B. Cessna
on 11/22/08 11:24 am - Gettysburg, PA
Wow, I may have to check out the Optifast. Congrats on the loss!!!
Brenda

*Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are*

yolybypass
on 11/22/08 11:48 am - NY
RNY on 01/13/09 with
I was worried about headaches!! I have to start like Jan 4th do you feel somewhat satisfied?? good luck.. i know it will be difficult..not looking forward to that

yoly
Rob B.
on 11/23/08 7:20 am - Jefferson City, TN
Hi Yoly,

Well its been 4 days now and the headaches are gone and my hunger has subsided tremednously.  It is a true test of your fortitude for sure.  But my dietician said the first 3 to 4 days were the worst and I think she was right.  I think my body has adjusted as I dont feel as hungry now.   Hope this helps....

take care,
Rob
yolybypass
on 11/23/08 7:40 am - NY
RNY on 01/13/09 with
Thanks Rob.. appreciate the feedback.  Good luck and keep us posted..

Yoly
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/08 2:08 pm - Mt Pleasant, IA
Congrats on the 11 lbs, that is awesome!
I don't have to do anything special pre-op other than quit smoking.

Don't forget to save my seat, I am counting on ya!

Rob B.
on 11/23/08 12:38 am - Jefferson City, TN
Ms.JJ,

Thanks for your words of encouragement.  Of course you have a seat.....I wont let you down...
I am sure having to stop smoking is pretty difficult too?  It must be hard but in the long run you are becoming more healthy just like the weight loss.  So keep up the good work and we'll talk again soon....

take care,
Rob
kellylock30
on 11/23/08 3:16 am - Angier, NC
Rob,
 Congrats on making it this far I am sure you can make it as you say just keep your eye on the ball

Ms JJ I too have to quit smoking, This is hard very hard. In the process of trying I have gained 5 pounds but am down to 2-3 a day. Do you have any suggestions. I am using commit and welbutrin.

Now I am scared that my Dr will put me on a liquid for 2 weeks before the surgery, So Rob what is optifast??? Are you hungry at all??

Wishing you the best Kelly
(deactivated member)
on 11/23/08 4:05 am - Mt Pleasant, IA
I have smoked since I was 16, I am now 43.  Yeh it is SO hard!  I have been taking Chantix for a few weeks.  Other than the very wild dreams I haven't had any problems with the med.  I am sitting here looking at my pack of Marlboros.  There is 3 left.  When they are gone, I am done!  God help my coworkers this week, it's gonna be ugly!!
Rob B.
on 11/23/08 7:28 am, edited 11/23/08 7:30 am - Jefferson City, TN
Hi Kelly,

My Optifast diet consist of 4 shakes a day and a soup.  My dietician gave me the choice of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate (she was out of that one) so really I could choose between strawberry and vanilla.  I took more vanilla than I did strawberry and now I wi**** was vice versa.  The strawberry tastes a little like strawberry  nestle quick .  The vanilla is ok but I prefer the strawberry (my personal preference of course).  The tomato soup is ok as well. 

The hardest part is everything is liquid and for the first 3 days you are hungry.  My dietician told me that at about day 4 the headaches would subside and so would the hunger and she is right....my headaches are gone and my hunger is nothing compared to the first 3 days.  I guess our bodies adjust to the new diet after 3 days.  I am really looking forward to surgery on 12/11 and getting past the liquids post surgery so that I can eat mushy food and then solids again.  From what I understand this can be the hardest part of the surgery.....if that's the case....we'll do fine.

take care,
Rob
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 848 views