My date is December 22nd

Laffingbead
on 11/23/08 3:00 pm - Montgomery, IL
I will have laproscopic gastric bypass and hiatial hernia repair on December 22nd.  I think I got the last available date for December and only because the doctor is waiting to take time off for Christmas by an extra day.

I have Aetna insurance and they actually made the decision very quickly. In about 8 days from the time they got the request from the doctor.

That's a relief as then I could proceed to plan time with family for Christmas before the surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/08 1:59 am - Mt Pleasant, IA
Congrats!  That is my bday! 
My surgery is Dec 18, I can't wait!
Lynda G.
on 12/2/08 12:50 pm - Cotati, CA

You are realy lucky! It took me 2 years to finally get a date and I got my it yesterday- December 23! Lap gastric bypass. They wanted to do December 30 believe it or not! It will be interesting getting out of the hospital on Christmas day- but what a great gift!
Maybe we can keep in touch ! Here's my email: [email protected]
I start my liquid diet December 9. Are you having to do one?

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/08 2:28 pm - AZ
From the day I called my insurance company on lapband info to getting the call for approval it took me an entire 56 days.  UNREAL.  Gotta have animation and charisma when you talk to people to get that little bump ahead in life.  Im going in on 12/22 as well and Im pumped up to get back down to my military weight this time next year.
Laffingbead
on 12/3/08 6:44 am - Montgomery, IL
 Congratulations to both of you on your approvals!

I have one person at work who had RNY, but I would love additional people to share this journey with.  Let's keep in touch.

I start my pre-op liquid diet on Monday.

I think I settled on what I will use.  I bought some vanilla Muscle Milk Light.  I like to add some SF Tang or a flavor or SF Crystal Light to zing it up.  I also bought a case of EAS advantage carb control in chocolate for a RTD choice.  SF Carnation Instant Breakfast is ok, but I really shouldn't have milk as often as daily.  I notice stiffness in the knees as a result.

KEEP IN TOUCH!
Ilse
5'6"  380(HW)/316(First visit)230.2(Current)/154(goal)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views