My surgery date , Dc,2nd @ H.R.R.H in T.O

bevybaby71
on 11/24/08 7:41 am - Barrie, Canada
Hi, as I'm getting closer to my surgery date, my feelings are all over the place. Is there
anyone out there having their surgery done at Humber River Regional Hospital??
Or anyone who already has?? I've really been struggling with this last week of
optifast diet to shrink my liver for the surgery. This morning I decided I absolutly HAVE to manage on this, because it's only 1 week till surgery. Does anyone have any ideas
or suggestions to help me thru this final week.
Thanks, look forward to enjoying this journey with all of you!!
PeAcE

brenmatt65
on 11/24/08 12:33 pm - Powell, WY

Hi Bev (is that right name?--went by your username as a guess LOL)

I am in Wyoming, USA so I didn't have surgery at the facility you speak of, but I have had surgery and I know right where you're at with your emotions right now.  It's totally normal to feel the way you're feeling. 

Try to think of it in these terms as far as the liquid diet --in the scheme of things, and considering how quickly time passes, a week will go by pretty fast.  And post-op when you're doing liquids for several weeks, you'll get rather burnt out on some of it, but keep in mind that in the scheme of things 4-6 weeks isn't long at all.  I kept my eye on the ball--the thinner healthier me--and pretty soon it had been 6 months since surgery and then a year and now 16 months!  Wow how time flies!  I look back now and think, "WOW, that first few weeks was NOTHING compared to how far out I am now!"  You'll make it with flying colors!

As for this next week, just hang in there and like I said, keep your eye on the ball.  You'll be recuperating from surgery before you know it and THEN you'll be shopping for new clothes before you know it!  I know you'll do great!

God bless you and let me know if I can help!

Brenda

bevybaby71
on 11/25/08 1:47 am - Barrie, Canada
Brenda,
   Yes, Bev is my name,lol! Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. Just really finding
this past week really hard drinking this Opti fast crap. I know it's for my best interests but it
doesn't make it any easier,lol.
I'm definatly looking forward, and that's what keeps me strong. You look incredible, and must feel
so good, wow!!
I can hardly wait to be shopping in a "normal" store for cute clothes, seriously it's been awhile.
I know I'm down to my final stretch and I just have to , as you say, keep my eye on the ball, and
by this time next week I'll hopefully be recovering nicely!! All prayers are greatly appreciated!!
Thanks again, and hope to share good stories with you real soon!!
Take Care
Bev <3
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views