I'm scared

debchap
on 11/30/08 11:54 pm - NC
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  It's hard to believe that it's December!  Good luck to all of you who have a December date ~ it's finally here.

I need some help for myself.  I am almost 3 weeks post op and I am having some issues in my body as well as my mind and honestly it terrifies me. 

I have lost 15 pounds since my surgery.  Does that sound about average to you all?  I have days that I feel great physically and then I can crash and burn in no time and lay on the couch for two days because I feel so bad.  No strength or energy.  I go back to work in 2 weeks and Im so scared because my job requires alot of energy and fast pacing. 

In my mind I feel like I will never be "normal" again.  I feel like I will never feel like my old self and have been quite depressed about this.  I hope the surgery was worth it because my mind is really doing a number on me. 

When I do have to return to work I will be 4 weeks post op.  What kinds of snacks do I need to take to work to be able to keep my stomach full and to stay on schedule? 

I would appreciate any ideas or comments from anyone who can help.  I feel scared about the way I'm feeling.

Thank you all - you always give such good advice.

Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/08 12:59 am - east falmouth, MA
Oh Honey, i am so sorry to hear this.   I strongly think you need to get with your nutritionist and maybe a therapst to get your feelings into the right place.  Got to set yourself up for success right from the start.  Because you will be OK!  

Is your eating and drinking on schedule...that is real important...there are not a lot of calories going in so you have to do the regulation of the ups and downs now.  I definately find geting enough fluids to be the biggest factor in how i am feeling physically...dehydration wipes me out flat and gives me headaches...used to chug water all day but that has changed.  
First work hard to get all the fluids, protein, vitamins, calcium and b12 in....on schedule would be good too.

In my program snacking is out..but more frequent eating is in.  And no winging it...at least not yet!
If your work has a kitchen or area to keep milk I would suggest that you buy a single serve blender and make up shakes for break time.( if you have it. )  I love blue box Carnation instant breakfast in the blender with an ice cube or two and it sustains..You can drink it right out of the blender cup  too.  Otherwise yougurt of something but you will need to use mid morning , lunchtime and mid afternoon for a time to eat ...At least for this winter...
You will still be on the diet progression so be sure to  respect the pouch with proper foods and timng.  Nothing is more important than your health and the only person at work that will solidly make that declaration is you.  Respect yourself that much...

You do not need to be  the fat old version of normal.. ..was it all that great anyway.?..You will be a healthy thinner and more energetic version of yourself and be amazed at how much better life has become...this is a pivitol time...Choose happy, choose yourself only better...Get all the help you need, no one will deny you that now except yourself...Don't let this scared depressed stuff go on without active help...you got this far now succeed....Its at the door so open it on up...

And there is nothing wrong with a few months of prozac here and there to get life rolling when it gets stuck...be willng to do whatever it takes and get some professional help getting yourself toether....It will be so worth it all!you will fly!!!!  love and prayers for you..sue
debchap
on 12/1/08 3:00 am - NC
Dear Sue:

Thank you so much for your reply.  I feel better just reading your suggestions.  I have made an appointment with my NUT for next week and will see my therapist in about 10 days.  I am going to keep a better track of my fluids and foods.  I went out walking this morning and it made me feel better.  It always reassures me to get the advice from you guys because you have been there . . . done that.
Again, thank you.
Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views