I'm stalled...

KatieB2003
on 1/28/09 9:08 pm - Garrettsville, OH
and it's just no fun. I lost my 25 lbs and now I'm stuck at 250, they scale just doens't want to budge. Oh wait it did, it teased me around 4am this morning... got up to get a drink and said oh why not lets see how much I weigh. It must have been half on the bathroom rug, because it read 233.... what a tease that scale. 7am I got up with the kids, went to the bathroom then weighed myself again and there it was 250lbs. I liked the 233 better...

So now I am wondering how much longer this stall is going to last... it's been 2 weeks so far. I've exercised every night this week so far and I'm eating right.

How's everyone else doing?

Meet the Surgeon Aug 1, 2011 .... hopefully the surgeons office is right and everything will go fast and I'll have surgery later this month. 

http://porcenaluk.blogspot.com/

fastfingers67
on 1/28/09 10:15 pm - Lusby, MD
I'm stalled too.  I had my RNY on 12/18/08.  I'm 6 weeks out today.  Lost 38 pounds and the scale has not moved in close to 3 weeks.  I can feel a big change in my clothing, so I know I'm losing inches, but I'd rather see it on the scale at this point.  It feels like it's never going to move again.  It's frustrating.  You are not alone.  I'm looking forward to my support group tonight.  I could use the support!  Hang in there.  Everyone says this is normal and it will move again soon.
Fastfingers67
Southern Maryland
RNY on 12/18/08
Start weight 274 pounds
Current weight 235.5
Ashley Nicole
on 1/28/09 11:38 pm
you are not alone at all...i had the toga...lost 25 pounds and have been stuck there since...the scale doesnt want to move..its driving me bananas...and i have a doc app on monday!! The best advice i have gotten is to stay off the scale because i have noticed when i weigh myself and it doesnt move then i just give up on eating right....so how about we make a pact to only weigh once a week or even once a month...

My life is like McDonalds....I'm Lovin It

KatieB2003
on 1/29/09 12:16 am - Garrettsville, OH
On January 29, 2009 at 7:38 AM Pacific Time, Ashley Nicole wrote:
you are not alone at all...i had the toga...lost 25 pounds and have been stuck there since...the scale doesnt want to move..its driving me bananas...and i have a doc app on monday!! The best advice i have gotten is to stay off the scale because i have noticed when i weigh myself and it doesnt move then i just give up on eating right....so how about we make a pact to only weigh once a week or even once a month...

Allright, I can do that. Because it sounds much better than being frustrated at not losing.  Granted 250 isn't a bad number compared to 275. I think I will have my husband hide the scale tonight.

Meet the Surgeon Aug 1, 2011 .... hopefully the surgeons office is right and everything will go fast and I'll have surgery later this month. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/09 1:33 am - Mt Pleasant, IA
It is normal and I just came off my over 2 week stall. UP your water!! I am drinking between 80-100 oz a day. At first it made me gain a few pounds but now they are dropping again (knock on wood)!

Everyone has told me once you lose around 10% of your total body weight you will stall awhile but will continue to lose inches! Sure hope they are right!

Good luck everyone!
Tom B.
on 2/1/09 3:04 pm - Runnemede, NJ
it was so nice to lose those first big pounds and then it slows down. very frustrating.
I know how you feel.  lose weight ,,,,, stall for days ....... lose weight ........stall. It is all good in the end.

I haven't heard that about losing 10% of ur body weight. It kinda makes sense.

Thanks for the info.
Weight
Consult/ Sugery/Current/Goal/lost
358.4         347     217    218   141.4
7/31/08 12/18/08-03/24/2010 

Timing is everything.

I sure hope my scale is correct.lol

http://www.myspace.com/f14tcjoe

look me up on Facebook too    
Spruce
on 2/2/09 3:05 am
I lost just one pound last week.  That's a little frustrating, but it makes me feel better to absolutely KNOW that it wasn't something I did to cause it. 
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/09 4:21 am - Jacksonville, NC
It is slow slow for me. I have lost 26 pounds since surgery on 12/22. I will see the nut tomorrow. I have a lot of questions. People say more water. More protein. Up your calories, you are in starvation mode... Doc says don't worry about calories or weight loss. Just follow the program for now. It is all making me nuts. I will only weight myself once a week now.
KatieB2003
on 2/2/09 4:51 am - Garrettsville, OH

I'm having my husband put the scale away. I am tired of looking at it and not seeing more weight come off. And then I'm going to read all the diet papers they gave me and get back to the basics, because I am sure that I am eating all wrong. Man it's so hard to change the way you think about food and the type of food you eat.

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/09 6:20 am - Jacksonville, NC
That is not a bad idea to reread the papers. I did that alrady and I seem to be sticking to the diet fairly well. Stage 3 where I am now, soft-pureed food, I am supposed to have protein first. My meals should be 1/2 cup size with protein being 1/4 cup and carb being 1/4 cup. Cheese is consider a good carb since it has protein as well. They have us add all sorts of cottage cheese, shredded 2% cheese, etc. I can have tuna with light mayo and up to 3 saltine squares. I am supposed to have a protein shake for my snacks. I do have manderine oranges with out sugar or fresh pineapple in the afternoon. Not much but it tastes so good and is so refreshing. I love it. I have had dry carbs like crackers or 100 calories snack bags but only a few times and I really like the cheese or fruit better. Lucky right now I guess.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1335 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 928 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1499 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 849 views