Hair Loss?

jcthinagain
on 3/17/09 3:40 pm - San Jose, CA

I am loosing so much hair. I had to get a plumber out to clean the bathtub drain out, it is all over my house and clothes.  I just can't stand it.  My protein count was good at my last labs.  I am not sure if it is because of the surgery, weightloss, or low on protien.   I just wanted to know how you guys were handeling this?

Julia

GorgeousIsa
on 3/17/09 10:50 pm - Philly-delphia, PA
Hi Julia..I do not want to talk so soon but I had surgery over 3 months ago and have lost no hair yet...I was and still am worried about this but thus far none lost yet...I was horrible with my protein intake until about 2 weeks ago and now I have a nectar protein drink every morning... I am now definitely getting inmore than 60 grams per day.
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
(deactivated member)
on 3/19/09 9:19 pm - Jacksonville, NC
What is a nectar protein drink and where did you get it? I am tired of my usual and I love juices.
GorgeousIsa
on 3/19/09 10:17 pm - Philly-delphia, PA

Hi Sanda,

You can google it but to my understanding they are not milk based...I will buy my bulk order from Netrition.com- syntrax nectar and I purchased my samples from vitalady...I purchased 10 samples for 1.99 each and will buy the bulk based on the samples that I enjoyed the most.

HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/09 1:44 am - Mt Pleasant, IA
I am with you Julia! It is EVERYWHERE! I guess it goes along with the surgery but it is scary AND MESSY!! Thankfully I have very thick hair, or should I say had!
Kristy A.
on 3/27/09 5:25 am - South Burbs, MN

Ok JJ - You're just too cute for these web-cam avies.  Have someone take a digital picture of yourself so we can bask in your beauty

Kristy   (weight loss below does not include 16lbs lost during pre WLS diet)
START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

jemma28
on 3/18/09 2:41 am - Houston, TX
I haven't noticed any hairloss yet, but i am a slow loser and I also take Biotin every day.
Jill

jcthinagain
on 3/18/09 2:13 pm - San Jose, CA
Thanks for responding.  sometimes I just need a reminder that it is not just not happening to me.

Julia

donnaN
on 3/18/09 3:19 pm - Norwalk, CA
RNY on 12/18/08 with
Hi Julia,
I just started losing mine.  It is falling out when I bru**** and even when I just run my fingers through it.  I also take biotin everyday and keep my protein up to at least 60 g a day.  I just got my labs done and all is good, but I am still losing it.  My hair was thin to start with, I sure hope that I dont lose alot, can't afford it. LOL

Hugs,  Donna
bzlatich
on 3/19/09 6:19 am - Kennewick, WA
julia and everyone else *****plied to this post

is was my greatest fear to start loosing my hair, i have alot of hair so i lose , alittle everyday no matter what when i brush my hair i have always had alittle, but lately i have noticed alittle more

what is the biotin? is it a pill? 

is it only your protein intake that makes your hair fall out???????????  what about vitamins???

good luck all

barb
Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark