90 Day check in, Where you at?

QueenDe
on 3/20/09 12:48 am - Indianapolis, IN

Total lost 60lbs, 16 inches off waist.  Eating 3oz. a meal, working out at least 4-5 times a week.  Some cardio but mostly strength training.  Getting in 60-75g of protein and plenty of water.

So what's going on with you?

DaVirtuous1
on 3/20/09 2:14 am - Gainesville, FL
Sounds like you really have made a good start and you're really on your way to being tiiiiiny, keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....."Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have."

Kristy A.
on 3/20/09 2:54 am - South Burbs, MN
Wow, you're doing great!  I've lost 46lbs and am stuck again. I am anxious for my check up next week to go over what I'm eating and how much. I tend to be between 700-1000 calories most days, and between 50-70 protein.   I think I'm not getting enough.  I had been exercising on the treadmill 6 days a week for 15-20 minutes, and stopped last week in protest. I was sick of putting forth effort and not getting a loss, I mean how could this be?  Anyway, have to get back on again today. I did take a walk on Tuesday and did the treadmill Wed, but need to up my time and get consistant with it again.

Congrats again you're doing wonderful!

Kristy   (weight loss below does not include 16lbs lost during pre WLS diet)
START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

jemma28
on 3/20/09 5:44 am - Houston, TX
We're surgery twins.  I'm down 45 and eat 600-900 calories a day.  60-70 grams of protien.
Jill

Kristy A.
on 3/20/09 5:52 am - South Burbs, MN
I am so sick of feeling like the slowest loser on earth, seriously!  If I didn't have WLS, I would be pigging out on all my old favorites to comfort myself.  I haven't lost anything the past week and 1/2, and what's worse, I'm not surprised.  I just wish there was more of an exact science to this, so I could do X Y Z and have the optimum results, don't you?  I sure hope at my 3 month check next week the nutritionist can give me some GREAT advise as to what to change to make this more productive.

START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

Kim J.
on 3/22/09 11:37 pm - Claremore, OK
Kristy!
You can't be the slowest loser on earth!  I AM!  LOL!  I get sooo discouraged sometimes.  But then I think back to where I was a few months ago!  I'm loving finally being able to lose this weight.  I've been this size most all of my life.  I've lost weight a few times, only to regain it, plussss some! 
If you find out that exact science please let me know!  I'll pay you for the secret!  LOL!
Take care and don't get discouraged!  It'll happen for you!
Hugs
Kim J.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Wink
on 3/27/09 4:53 am
Hi Kristi,

Boy!  Do I feel like I wrote your post!  I was just talking with a co-worker who also had the surgery.  Mine was on 12/08/08 and hers was on 2/20/09.  I have lost 53 lbs and actually gained a pound last week.  She has already lost 33lbs.  I am down only one pant size and feeling like a super slow loser as I had other co-workers who had the surgery tell me they were down a pant size every month!  I feel like I am going to be the one the surgery does not work for.  So many people tell me that I have done great and it will come off.  All that talk is nice, but I want numbers darn it!  I have arthritus in my right knee and left foot so am limited on my exercise.  That, plus I hate exercise anyway.  I weigh and account for my food every day.  Even with my body size, the calorie count I am taking in says I should be losing 4 lbs per week.  Not even close! 

Anyway, just wanted to jump in and say I feel what you are feeling!  I have lost only 8 lbs in the last month.  I really expected 15-20 this soon out. :(

Keep in touch!
Debbie
Kristy A.
on 3/27/09 5:08 am - South Burbs, MN
I know, what I was expecting and what's happening are not at all close. Sucks!  Maybe I had unrealistic expectations.  I keep telling myself, I wouldn't be losing AT all if it wasn't for the surgery, and at this point all I can do is what I'm doing. I know exercising more will help. I need to force myself to increase my treadmill time.  I had been doing 6 days a week for 15-20 minutes. I went 25 minutes this morning. My goal for now is to do 30 minutes 5-6 times a week and add a little strength training with light weights. 

QueenDe
on 3/20/09 6:06 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hey Kristy
Don't  fret review what you are eating how much and how often.  I know every one is different but I really don't count calories I measure the amount of food I intake based on the meal plan my NUT gave me.  I also have found that my protein and water intake was important.  Once I increased my fluid intake to 64oz the lbs. poured off.  I use a protein powder in my coffee-16ozs, and strawberry/kiwi protein mix in a 16oz. water bottle 2 times a day and another coffee or straw/kiwi drink  in the evening.  This gives me my protein intake at 34g per drink and water intake 64 ozs.
Also no starchs: bread, pasta, rice, or potatoes.    And eat plenty of protein cottage cheese, fish, beans, lean beef, turkey, cheese, pork. 

luvinmyfour
on 3/20/09 9:53 am - haverhill, MA
HIT ONDERLAND THIS WEEK DOWN 80 POUNDS NOW AND LOVING MY RNY !!!
diabetes are within normal limits...83 fasting and loving not feeling like shi* any more my blood pressure was at 124/62 this morning which is great and my cholesterole is a nice 150
@-(------ Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views