struggling

antsissy1
on 3/31/09 12:23 pm - FL
I posted this on the rny general forum but I thought I would ask my fellow december surgery peeps if anyone has noticed an increase in hunger.  I am sure that this is not head hunger.  I notice that I don't get the full feeling anymore and if I eat, I am hungry about an hour later.  I don't want to start eating all day but that is what it is leaning too.  I am drinking about 90 oz of water a day.  I don't think it would be dehydration.  Tried to talk to my nut at support group but it never happened.   Just wondered if anyone else noticed changes.  Granted, my surgery was 12/4 so I am almost 4 months where many of you are just reaching or have just reached 3 months.

Thanks
christine

Amy Pepper
on 3/31/09 1:50 pm - Milaca, MN
  I am just the opposite, I am never hungry, I have to be reminded to eat. But I am also having some problems with food, I throw up often and cant really get much in. Going in to have a scope done next week, even though I dont want to. But I need food, cant live without it!
  Call your doc, or Nut and see if they will talk to you about it! But do you stay away from fluids after you eat? I dont touch anything for an hour after I eat! I know theres so many rules, and every doc is different... Makes it hard to find someone who understands your specific program...
KatieB2003
on 4/1/09 11:41 pm - Garrettsville, OH
I am the same way sometimes Then other times I'm not. It's really very strange, although since my EGD on march 19th, I haven't really been feeling hungry. All very strange.

Meet the Surgeon Aug 1, 2011 .... hopefully the surgeons office is right and everything will go fast and I'll have surgery later this month. 

http://porcenaluk.blogspot.com/

addygurl
on 4/2/09 2:20 am - TX
Over the last month I had noticed that I had an increase in hunger. But for me it was a a hydration issue, that I never payed attention to. I am glad I did now. Because for a while I couldn't wait for it to be time to eat or snack. Ugh!

Sorry I am not much help! But hang in there! Just remember to measure what you eat, that way you don't over eat.

Good luck!
ADRIANA
"The time is always right to do what is right." Martin Luther King Jr.

JenniferC
on 4/3/09 11:44 pm - bangor, ME
Hey there...mine is weird...some days I have to remind myself to eat but more often i am having days where my stomach is just gurgling for food...Its not head hunger..It is definately physical! LOL  some people dont get their hunger hormone back this soon but I did...cant remember what it is called...Grehnlin or something....i feel for you....just make sure you are measuring and stuff..I have caught myself on several occasions eating way to much..shrimp is evil...it slides down so good and i can, no exageration eat like 20 of them...its bad..lol...good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTPetQz/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wTPetQz/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

antsissy1
on 4/4/09 4:55 am - FL
thanks everyone.  I am watching my drinking and still getting in 100 oz a day now. I am watching my protein and tracking daily.  I have an appt. with the Nut to discuss this.  I'll let you know what happens.

Cindy P.
on 4/4/09 10:33 am
I've noticed wanting to eat more often too - but find I don't get hungry as soon if I eat certain foods - for example, when I eat scrambled eggs and a strip of bacon (lower fat) I don't feel hungry for hours and hours - but if I have something else like a protein bar or something less substantial like a turkey roll up I do seem to want to eat again more quickly. 

I also have too much idle time - I'm a retired teacher at age 54 and when I get more weight off I need to get a job - not only for money but to keep my mind busy and me out of the house.  That's probably not anyone elses' problem though - just mine. 

Good luck to you - and keep posting - it's really interesting and helpful to hear what others are going through.

Hugs,
Cindy
[
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark