3 week long stall?

50ftqueenie
on 4/5/09 10:31 am
I am just shy of 4 months and have been going back & forth with the same 2 lbs for the past 3 weeks. Has anyone else experienced this? One day I'm up, next I'm down but basically, I'm the same weight I was 3 weeks ago. I have been letting my protein intake slip a bit so I know that could be partly (or fully) to blame and tomorrow I plan on reversing that but I was just wondering if anyone else has had a stall this long? Thanks!
Julie G.
on 4/6/09 3:31 am
OMG while I'm sorry to hear about your frustration I am SOOOO glad I'm not the only one!  I had my surgery 12/22 and have been doing exactly the same thing since the weekend of March 15th!  I finally got back on the bandwagon yesterday and today with my exercise and I, too, have let my protein slip.  Likely why I'm also starting to lose hair!  In any case.. you are NOT alone!  We'll get through this.  I've heard others say that our body hits these plateaus because our metabolism stops and adjusts itself during this time.  Up the protein, liquid and exercise and we should be right as rain.  That's what they say, anyhow.

Good luck on getting through the stall!

Kathy V.
on 4/7/09 3:14 am - MA
I feel your pain.  I too am 4 months out and have had a few stalls.  Once I up the protein and water I seem to lose again.  I have to keep reminding myself  ~~ PROTEIN FIRST!!!!!Good luck

.....kathy   

Kathy V.
on 4/7/09 3:17 am - MA
I feel your pain.  I too am 4 months out and have had a few stalls.  Once I up the protein and water I seem to lose again.  I have to keep reminding myself  ~~ PROTEIN FIRST!!!!!

Good luck

.....kathy   

calijersey
on 4/7/09 11:52 am - West Orange, NJ
i had my surgery dec. 22 as well and have lost 60 lbs. however i frequently go a week and not lose anything....then i lose 2 lbs. i am so frustrated by it, but i didn't realize it could be the protein issue...i guess i will have to eat more protein and that might help.
nikkemo
on 4/14/09 7:56 am - Orange, CA
I'm always at a stall.  I lose in chunks but never steady weight loss.  I'll gain up 3 lbs then lose 8( or actually 5).  I weighed again today and I was up some.  But I'm retaining water, so I know that by next week I will have lost the 3 I gained.  I'm praying for onederland within the next week or 2.
Honeymoon challenge Participant.  It's about to be a hot summer

Megan B.
on 4/17/09 11:03 am - Southgate, MI

What is onederland?

I too am stalling and very mad about it.  I am having a HUGE issue with the protein shakes.  I just can't swollow them.  I'm so fristrated at it all.  GRR

***Waves hand at the wagon driver*** Stop over here and pick me back up!

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/09 11:55 pm, edited 5/1/09 12:17 am - Jacksonville, NC
onederland is when your weight is less than in the 200's and now in the 100's. 

DUH, you were probably being sarcastic and I just got it.  Lost weight and my mind. 
JenniferC
on 4/17/09 1:44 pm - bangor, ME
Oh yeah...sounds like the story of my life...lol..since even like 3 weeks out I stall for like 3 weeks...the will loose a lot in the next 2...then again...stal 2weeks...loose the next week...lol..I was on another stall and i am losing again...I am down 77 since surgery on 12/22....97 since 3 weeks before surgery...still 103 to go...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTPetQz/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wTPetQz/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

SHAMZ
on 4/19/09 7:36 am - CA
How is your stall going- did it break?
I just finished with a 3 weeker... but lost 4 lbs in 6 days... go figure!
I also had read on this site during my first stall to take you messurments once a month and you'll still be able to see somethings changing-
in Feb I had a 3 week stall lost only 5 lbs but lost 19.75 inches!
April's stall was 6lbs and 12 inches!
As long as its moving and changing and coming off of somewhere.. I'm happy!

Go confidently in the directions of your dreams!
Live the Life You've Imagined !     
     -Thoreau

preop/239    surgery/ 222     goal/ 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark