What are you doing with your clothes?

jcheryld
on 4/15/09 11:38 pm

Hello fellow December surgery folks!

By now I'm guessing most of us are in new wardrobes and our pre-op wardrobes are falling off and looking pretty sloppy. I know that's the case for me! I try to sneak in a top here and there thinking "it doesnt look that big" but then I try on something that is my actual size, and I realize that what I am wearing looks like someone's grandma's clothes. Shopping is a BLAST now! I know I shouldn't buy name brand clothes at full price but I am having a super hard time with rationalizing it all out. I know that dropping a ton of $ on an outfit I'll only wear for a month or two is not wise, but what if it's really, REALLY cute? I put some pics in my blog of an outfit I tried on yesterday at Macy's... can you help me with my dilemma?

Out with the old, in with the new.... What are you doing with your old clothes? I slowly started some Ebay selling, and will continue that for my designer stuff, but now i've got 3 boxes/bags piled up of things that are high quality but too large, and I don't want to give it away to Goodwill. I wish I knew a diva who would treasure these garments, because she could have them! Such problems I have, I know LOL

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/09 2:59 am - Jacksonville, NC
You ought to say what size you are thinking of selling.  I am sure that there are a lot of people that would love to buy great clothes at this point.  If I could find some wonderful clothes in my size that didn't look like I bought them at a thrift shop for less than department store prices I would  love it. 
Kristy A.
on 4/16/09 8:10 am - South Burbs, MN
You look great in that outfit!  I was at Macy's last week, tried on a really cute pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans in size 20. I started at a 28. Talk about exciting.  I wasn't gonna drop $70 though. I think I've got about 3 weeks in a size before I go down again so it's really not worth it.  Did buy a cute pair of Levis though. I've been buying some stuff on Ebay and plan to sell a bunch of my really nice things on Ebay.

Otherwise, next month, a bunch of MN OHers get together and swap clothes. I must have at least 3-4 bags of stuff to bring. People bring what they don't fit into any more and take what they want. Whatever is left goes to goodwill.  They do this I think 2 times a year, pretty cool.  I can't wait until my closet is completely void of all fat clothes.

Kristy   (weight loss below does not include 16lbs lost during pre WLS diet)
START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

jcheryld
on 4/16/09 11:15 am
Thanks! Sounds like you can definitely relate to the excitement of trying on something in such a small size and getting that impulsive feeling of just wanting to have it! This outfit is a size 14, so I was just giddy that it zipped and fit the way it did!The clothes I am selling now are from my pre-op days, sizes 22, 24, and 26. I'd love to hear from anyone interested in my threads!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

donnaN
on 4/16/09 3:12 pm - Norwalk, CA
RNY on 12/18/08 with
Hi,
Are you selling them on e-bay and how much are you selling them for?  I am just into a size 22. Wish I could see what you have. I also have 2 totes full of nice size 28, 28, & 24's but don't know what to do with them either.  Hope you figure it out, and when you do, let me know what you did.  Thanks,  Donna
jcheryld
on 4/17/09 12:09 am, edited 4/17/09 10:15 am
Here's a link to some of what I want to get on Ebay this weekend. You (and anyone else) can have first dibs on these items, just make an offer, and its yours! Send me a message and let me know! Links below:

s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll209/jcheryld/

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

jennafirst
on 4/17/09 10:33 am
Hi Cheryle,

I see a couple of cute Track suits I would love to have....
The black and blue ones. Please message me and let me know if you still have them.

Thank you
Jennifer

Before surgery 301/Day of 269/Current 151/Goal 140      
GorgeousIsa
on 4/16/09 7:36 pm - Philly-delphia, PA
Hey...I just gave my Mom almost 5 trash bags of clothes...I shopped A LOT pre-op and had so many clothes...Originally I was going to donate them to a womens shelter because there are a lot of dress clothes for work but my Mom was my size...They were 22's and 24's and now I am in a 16 which is 2 big so I am sure I can fit some 14's...The good thing is that I lost weight 3 years ago down toa 14 and went shopping crazy...I have all of those clothes so I just washed and folded them and replaced them...I do not have to buy ANTHING until I reach a 12 (Maybe under clothes) and when my 14's and 16's get 2 big they will go to my sister who is headed off to college in the Fall...I have no patience to sell things but that is not a bad idea.
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
Amy Pepper
on 4/17/09 3:13 am - Milaca, MN
  I donated all the nice dressy stuff to the womens shelter here. And all the other stuff I have bought and been given, including the clothes due to the loss since surgery, (from 24 to 14/16) I am going to just put in my garage sale this summer. I figure Ill use that money to get myself some more clothes! I have been shopping a few times, ALWAYS to get panties! Im losing more of my butt then anything! LOL. But I also have bought a few pairs of pants, and a new sweatshirt because mines too big now! And I LIVE in my sweatshirts!
jcheryld
on 4/17/09 1:06 pm
Alright, I added some more clothes since this morning, here is the full slideshow!
w289.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views