A big wow moment for me...

antsissy1
on 5/4/09 9:24 am - FL
I posted this on the general forum as well but I wanted to share with my fellow december surgery people..
Today is 5 months for me.  I am down 75 pounds.  In the past 5 weeks the following has occurred:   1 week with my brother and sister in law (2 meals out), the next week my son, wife and baby came for 4 days... (1 meal out), 3 days later we went on a 4 day cruise (lots of meals out), 1 week later my best friend, her husband and her sister came down to visit (3 dinners, 1 lunch, 1 breakfast out).  Yesterday we had theater tickets with a group of friends, we went out to dinner first.  Living in South Florida we get lots of company and I TREASURE it.  But it has been hell for me to eat out so many times.  And I lost weight, maybe not as much as earlier months, but still 9 pounds.  WoW!!  It's not over yet though,  Mom is coming tomorrow for 1 week, then my niece and sister in law are coming for a week, then my step brother his wife and 2 kids are coming for a week!!  I have a lot of fun and get a lot of exercise and sleep alot after they leave.  But oh the eating out.  I know I can say No, but part of my relearning how to live with this surgery is to learn how to be strong in all situations.  So I am getting very good practice.

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/09 12:39 pm - Mt Pleasant, IA
I have yet to go out to eat so I am not sure how I will handle it but have to congratulate you on going out so much and still losing! That shows you are doing a great job and making great choices!!
BTW, great pic.. you look wonderful!
Robert G.
on 5/8/09 3:49 am
RNY on 12/08/08 with

I hear you loud and clear.  I have been out to eat a few times, and the entree usually last me two or three more meals afterwards, depending on the portion.  I concentrate on conversation and the waiters usually look at me and are probably thinking there is something wrong with the food.  I had a waiter come to the table to check 4 times to make sure I was okay with the food.  I had a piece of salmon once that was so big my wife and I shared it for the next two days.  Enjoy your company the food is secondary. I wish you continued success!

BobRoo
Kristy A.
on 5/8/09 4:08 am - South Burbs, MN
With all of your meals out and the cruise, wow, you're doing awesome!  You should be proud.

Kristy   (weight loss below does not include 16lbs lost during pre WLS diet)
START:  325                            Day of Surgery :309                          GOAL:  180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1334 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 927 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 848 views