December 18 buddies, Where ya at?

Tom B.
on 12/18/09 1:40 am, edited 12/18/09 1:42 am - Runnemede, NJ

Hi all,

Congrats to everybody that has one year under their belt. Seamed like yesterday we were celebrating the surgey and the start of something new and exciting.

From reading a lot of profiles and threads on different forums. It seems like the first year is the most celebrated, of all the dated milestones, which is undersatndable. 
 I know I couldn't wait to get this under my belt. I wantd to proove to myslef that I would be successful for at least a year.

I like to put positive outlook on things.  so here it goes.
I lost 130# from my highest weight
I can buy real clothes in any store
I can sit in any seat and not get squished by the sides of the seat.

Weight
Consult/ Sugery/Current/Goal/lost
358.4         347     217    218   141.4
7/31/08 12/18/08-03/24/2010 

Timing is everything.

I sure hope my scale is correct.lol

http://www.myspace.com/f14tcjoe

look me up on Facebook too    
sandy.
on 12/18/09 3:25 am - Jacksonville , NC
Hey Tom, congrats.  I will be at a yr 12/22.  I have had a successful yr as well.  I have lost 167lbs.  I am wearing a size 6.  Who would have thunk it!  I was wearing a size 26 this time last yr.  Amazing.  I am still at the gym 5 days a week doing both the cardio and weight training.  I am 3 lbs from goal.  I am about 60 lbs less than the dr thought I would get to.   I can't wait to see him in January.  I have seen the PA but not the Dr since surgery.  I have busted my butt to get to where I am and I would love to shove it in his face.  He said at my age he doubted that I would get to where I wanted to be.  I wonder if he will even remember saying it to me?  Doubtful. 

But for me, I won't really feel successful until I am about 5 yrs out and still maintaining.  That has always been the hard part for me.  I would lose but then gain.  I am doing my best to change things so that won't happen again.

Congrats and Merry Christmas Tom.
My body does not define who I am but I am trying to define my body.  It  gets easier with every pound I drop. 
Sandy
Tom B.
on 12/19/09 6:54 am - Runnemede, NJ
ok lets try this a second time today. I now super hate computers. Trying to edit the above post. yesterday and today. Just very frustraing on what I consider broken computers.

Congrats Sandy. Very proud of you. Keep up the good work.  edit number coming up in 30 minutes
Weight
Consult/ Sugery/Current/Goal/lost
358.4         347     217    218   141.4
7/31/08 12/18/08-03/24/2010 

Timing is everything.

I sure hope my scale is correct.lol

http://www.myspace.com/f14tcjoe

look me up on Facebook too    
Linda58
on 12/21/09 2:30 am - Berlin, NJ
Congratulations on your 1 yr anniversary and weight loss. Way to go Isn't it great to walk into the regular clothes store and be able to try clothes on that actually are fashionable and fit. Keep up the great work. See you around. Have a nice Happy, Healthy Christmas and New Year.
Linda58
"LOSING IS A GOOD THING"
WHAT THE MIND BELIEVES THE BODY WILL ACHIEVE
Friends, support members/groups and a great surgeon are important people you need in your life.

moniquefrederick
on 12/21/09 6:45 am - DE
I know thats right Tom u go boy. I can relate to all those things this has definitely been a wonderful experience. I remember us all waiting to have the surgery too it feels surreal(as i sit here comfortably with legs crossed) lol something i could not do and always longed to do. Congrats buddy im happy for u!
chell1957
on 12/23/09 7:48 am - Woodbury, NJ
Wa who! Look at you! OMG! U have done so great! I bet the Mrs. is happy also. U deserve to be proud.

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/private.php
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/

B. Cessna
on 1/13/10 9:31 pm - Gettysburg, PA
hi Tom, congrats on your loss!!! I am doing well, I can't believe it has been just a little over a year, it does seem like yesterday that I had surgery. What a change my life has taken...and what a journey!!! Keep up the good work!!!

*Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are*

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1333 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 926 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1498 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 847 views