Maintenance...

jcheryld
on 3/1/10 7:46 pm
I know this board is awfully quiet, but I still wanted to check in and see how you all are doing. Is anyone else experiencing maintenance at this point in their lives post-op? My surgeon said that this is expected and that I should continue to maintain/plataeu at this point. I'd love to hear from others about your experiences.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

sandy.
on 3/2/10 10:58 pm - Jacksonville , NC
I am in my maintainence phase right now.  I still lost 2 lbs while trying not to.  I did up my calories a bit.  That is a scary thing to do.  I work out 5 to 6 times a week for 2 hrs a time.  I used to do 1 hr of elliptical but I have lowered that to 45 mins.  Hopefully I will find that "sweet spot" where I can not lose or gain. 
Did you reach your goal weight?  I am actually under mine which is fine.  I am definitely under the goal weight of my surgeon.  He didn't think I would lose past 170 lbs.  I am at 128 lbs. 
My body does not define who I am but I am trying to define my body.  It  gets easier with every pound I drop. 
Sandy
fluffigal
on 5/20/10 1:52 pm - MI
I'm in maintenance phase. When I went to the Dr at my 1yr mark he told me not to loose too much more weight...I was 148 and my goal with him was 144.  My face looks so gaunt though.  I was out of my thyroid medicine for 2 months and my weight went up to 165 I liked how my face looked but not my belly...but I figured i could get surg on my tummy. So when I got my thyroid medicine I ate more to keep my weight up to see if it was being out of  the thyroid medicine that made my face more full or the weight.  It was my the lack of thyroid medicine. So now I'm on to loosing the weight I put on while I was out of my thyroid medicine over 2 months.  Sucks...But I still love my RNY

Alycia

286/156/144/155    5'5 1/2"
day pre-surg diet started & highest weight/ current/ dr's goal/my goal
ohcardsmalycia.jpg Century card image by fluffigal
Guilt is the Teacher, Love is the Lesson
Joan Borysenko
Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1333 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 925 views