6 Months Out ~ Already!!!

Tere O.
on 6/12/10 10:21 am - West Saint Paul, MN
So....

I know that I am not the only one that is dealing with all that rolls your way after the 6 months are up. 

Is anyone out there??? 

...     ...             ...  ...                

Chrissy D.
on 6/12/10 11:48 am - Canada
Hi!  It was my 6 month band anniversary on June 8th, and finally I can see the results.  I am down 40 lbs. and have 40 lbs. more to go!  So this is officially the half way mark for me!

I have more ups and downs then a yo-yo!  My husband was away for a year so I didn't eat at all in the beginning, and was very depressed.  Now he has a new job at home and I want to eat too much! 

I am seeing the results now, today I wore a size XL dress to my daughters ballet recital, and at Xmas I wore size 30 jeans and a 5X top!  I have lost two shoe sizes and can see my toes for the first time in 20 years!  I feel very different!

How are you doing?
Chrissy D

48 years old and shrinking by the pound!

Tere O.
on 6/14/10 12:51 pm - West Saint Paul, MN
Chrissy
First of all....wow!  How much healthier you are now and I bet you can do so many more things too! 

Depression makes me eat too.  Or...it did.  Now I try to recognize my emotions and make other choices.

I am down 80 + lbs and am seeing my boobs drop lower and lower...talk about a yoyo!  Mine are "walking the dog"  rofl!!

na_na711
on 6/12/10 11:57 am
Dec. 16th was my date.  I am also losing weight but starting to miss certain foods.  I started out at 353lbs and am now at 264lbs.  I'm only 5'4" so every pound shows.  I still want to lose at least another 100 lbs or so.  Dr. said I would lose only to 244lbs, why should I stop there?  I wish I could make it to the support groups but have no time for them and would have to go  at least 30 miles.  How do we know if we are on track or not?    I would love to be friends with someone who went thru this about the same time as myself. 
Retta
Tere O.
on 6/14/10 12:57 pm - West Saint Paul, MN
Retta,

Honey you seem like you are hitting tough times though you have dropped a significant amount of weight!  I would really like it if you were "friends" with me, and I would like to be there for you to encourage you...or help when I can.

Why is it that 30 miles is too far?  In the summer, wouldn't it be well worth the zip up there for coffee and a generous portion of support? 

I know what you mean about every pound shows... I am 5'2-1/2".  Why does the doctor say only the to 244?  Age, heart?  What?

I leave you with this...the greatest journey is the one we travel within.

Take care! 

Chrissy D.
on 6/14/10 1:55 pm - Canada
It always amazes me how women can be so united despite being so physically far away, and I am so glad that I sign on and talk to new people when I feel lonely.

Thanks for being there girls!
Chrissy D

48 years old and shrinking by the pound!

tammy_t
on 6/23/10 9:34 am

I had my gastric bypass on 12-17-09. I was 326 lbs at surgery and today am 215 lbs!! Yeah me!! Some days are very hard.... wish I could eat ice cream . But, other days are amazing!!! The compliments from the most random people are well accepted!! But, there are downers too. The "girls" are sagging lowww. But, my husband doesn't say a thing.. thank goodness! He's there to support me in this rollercoaster adventure! Wish I could get more cardio.. that is my downfall so far. I'm running all over the place with my kids.. even have been to the public swimming pool a few times this summer... WOW. And my ten year old son keeps taking pictures of me... which I would have never done before. Loving life! ANYONE who needs to be a "friend", I love support and I love giving it!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/10 4:17 am
I'm here-I had RNY in December and have been through lots of changes health and emotional since. It is good to share views,ups and downs with others who are going through the same things. I would be happy and honored to be your friends!
Brenda
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 903 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 912 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1113 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1038 views