Food suggestions ?

cookinggal
on 12/23/10 4:40 pm
Hi,
I had RNY on Monday and was released Wednesday.  I was on clear liquids Sunday - Wednesday and can move onto very thin pureed foods.  What has worked best for you to get in the protein?

When did the bloated feeling go away?
elaynew
on 12/27/10 11:17 am - Mohegan Lake, NY

I was on pureed foods a week after surgery.  I was able to do a scrambled egg for breakfast with 2 oz of skim milk mixed in.  This gave me 9g of protein for breakfast.  As a snack I have a protein shake.  I use Designer Whey cause it gives me 18g of protein with 3 oz of milk for a total of 22g.  Then for lunch I usually do 2 oz of tuna or chicken for a total of 13g and then a shake again in between and then for dinner 2 oz of ground chicken or turkey for 13g - this is an average of 77g of protein for the day.  I don't always do the 2nd shake but I'm trying to get back into it.  I am almost 3 weeks post op.  I had surgery on 12/9

korigirl
on 12/27/10 11:44 am
You can also puree meatballs with a little ricotta cheese...gives good protein and filling. Your bloated feeling will go away about a week or so afterwards.  Just try to do alot of walking to move and get yourself feeling better.  Good luck and happy trails to a new happy and healthy life! 
lisa2010
on 12/29/10 8:04 pm - MA
Yum!  I don't have a puree stage required, but I do move to soft proteins in the 2nd week (from clear liquids).  I can't imagine a soft protein food that sounds better than ricotta with meatballs (and a little marinara sauce).  I was told that I have to wait 4 months before trying beef, lamb, or pork, but I think I'll ask if ground beef is ok (I figure that might go down more easily).

Starting Weight: 277.5, Pre-op Weight: 259.3, Current Weight: 176.8

cookinggal
on 12/28/10 4:39 pm
Thank you thank you!  I appreciate the feedback and encouragement!  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics