ALways feel like I am going to throw up

Ksbarkin
on 1/13/11 3:41 am
Hi, I am a 12/14 surgery date and eating stage 4. I have some good days but mostly bad -  since surgery I feel like anything I eat or drink will make me vomit. I almost wish I could to feel better but i have neve actually thrown up. Needless to say I have been rehospitalized for dehydration.

My surgeon has done a UGI swallow and there are no leaks or issues, he just scheduled a endoscopy for next week. Has this hapened to you? I simply want to feel good - very frustrated !

rollipolli
on 1/16/11 11:27 am

Hello, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I had RNY 12/16 and have been doing pretty well, with the exception of severe gas and mild nausea. I discovered decaf chai tea (TAZO) helps sooth my GI tract. Hope you  are able to find something that helps :)

amberosia02
on 1/16/11 11:39 pm
I had the Sleeve on 12/16 and sometimes i do get the sensation of vomiting....
What I am trying to do is eat slower, chew more and walk when I feel that feeling coming on.
It does help. It is taking my brain longer to realize how much I can eat, and how fast....

Hang in there! It should get better!
Kathyproctor
on 1/17/11 9:46 pm - Powderly, TX
RNY on 12/21/10 with
Hi, I had my RNY Dec. 21, 2010 (4 weeks out)

I have had the same problem with nausea only I also have cramping (as if I had taken 4 x-lax). I called my doctor yesterday because the cramps get so bad I feel like I am dying. She said that I might have some extra scar tissue where they sewed up the small intestines. She said that the whole for food to pass through is supposed to be perfectly round but, it's common for scar tissue to block of the intestine causing cramps/pain and nausea.

I am waiting on the gastriointestenal (spelling) doctors office to call me with an appointment to get an upper gi done to find out what the problem is.

Everytime I drink or eat, just as soon as I swallow, I get cramps and then nausea and I seem to be nauseated all the time. Hopefully it will get better soon

Good luck and let us know what it is when you find out

Kathy

flyingwoman
on 5/6/11 1:42 pm
If you are having trouble with liquids, then it is probably not a procedural issue. You may have a stricture. If you have been hospitalized for dehydration, you are candidate for dialation of your stoma.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Ksbarkin
on 1/17/11 10:28 pm
Thanks to all of you for your reply. I feel best when I don't eat or drink  and I know that is not an option-
One day at a time :-)

The good news is I am down 98 pounds since I started at the wieght center in June - 77 pounds pre surgery and 21 post op.

Most Active
Recent Topics