financing

crystal_s
on 4/21/11 3:27 am

Hello All,

I am from Alberta and I am wondering about financing for out of country surgeries?  I don't know if anyone has some advice on how I could get some help in getting this procedure done.

I have applied to medicard but they want a co-singer and I don't have anyone.  Sad but that is the way it is! lol

If anyone has any advise on what company or broker or anything - it would be truly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch! You all are such and inspiration can't wait to be on the "losers bench"!

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 6:02 am - Edmonton, Canada
Hello,

I have a weight loss company in Edmonton and the only company that I know is Medi Card, short of an oversdraft at you bank.
Sorry I wish I could assist you.  BUt if you are on need of assistance finding a great surgeon let e know.

Calli
Susanlo
on 4/21/11 8:10 am - Fort McMurray, Canada
Hi Calli, I just saw your message and I'm interested in your surgeon's name for sure. Where did you have your surgery, which one did you have and when. What was the name of the Weight Loss company in Edmonton. I'm from Fort Macmurray.
Appreciate any information that you can forward to me.

Thanks
Susan
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 11:38 am - Edmonton, Canada
Hello Susan,

If you would like to forward me your personal information, I would love to call you and assist you anyway I can.

Calli
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 1:17 pm - Edmonton, Canada

sorry Susan my email address is:

[email protected]

Kelly-AnneH
on 4/21/11 11:19 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
You can have the surgery here in Alberta without cost although there's certainly a bit of a wait. Where in Alberta are you?

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

crystal_s
on 5/4/11 8:51 am

Thank you all so much for your help!  I have gone through medi card but need a co-signer and I have noone but that's life. 

I spoke with my family doctor who completely supports my decision to do this, we discussed having it here in Canada but the wait time is very long and of 300 people that took the program last year 25 were selected. 

I just had cancer and I am so focused on getting healthy and being around for my kids that I can't wait. 

I will keep my eye on my goal and have started a part time business in hopes to help earn some of the funds.

Everyone here is so incouraging and I want to thank you because you keep me going!!!  You give me the determination to keep going!!  For that I am so very thankful!

bonnietuck
on 6/2/11 12:01 am - Canada
it doesn't look like anybody has mentioned the weight wise clinic. ask your doctor for a referal. it is a bit of a wait to get in but sometimes it looks like they make exceptions, i wouldn't place money on that but....once in the clinic you do some modules on learning to eat and dealing with things. may as well get into it just in case you don't do your surgery elsewhere. what the heck
Most Active