emerg surgery

Sarahbear1
on 10/29/11 5:13 am - Edmonton, Canada
 so... i know i have kind been MIA from here for a while.Been a little Down the past few months .. But im doing better now.  So whtas new with me.... Surgery was May 18th 2011. Starting weight was 330...as of now i am down to 250.0. On sunday  i took my multi vitamin with a drink of milk and then went to my brother in laws for dinner... within 10 min i had a bad bad tummy ache. I assumed it was from not having enough milk or food with the meterna.. but i couldnt eat... i went up in one of the rooms and layed on the floor *this made it hurt less* for 4 hours.. then we went home. I was nautious... and dry heaving but nothing would come up.  this went on for about 2 hours. I tried to go to bed around 10... no matter what i did the pain wouldnt go away. around 4am i was back in the bathroom dry heaving .... i just felt like.. if what ever was in there came up.. i would feel much better... but nope nothing. I went and took niquil hoping i will just pass out and sleep. i got about an hour.. and was back in the bathroom.. this went on all day monday. Hubby left for fort mac @ noon. I stayed in bed in a ball till i had to go get the kids.. by now my ribs and back hurt *i attribuited it to all the dry heaving i have been doing*  Got the kids and took them to my mother in laws  and i went back home to bed.. Not eatting anything ... i took some pepto .. nope ... didnt work.. took more niquil and OMG i got to sleep for 17  hours.  i woke  tues @ 2 *i set alarm*  cause i had to get the kids from school.. My husbnd had called and asked me why i didnt go see the doctor.. i told him ...it didnt really hurt  so why go. Took a hot bath.. it kinda helped then  stood up to have a shower.. and got sooo disy and light headed *thought .. from being in bed for 17 hrs and taking a hot bath then stnding... is why  also not eatting anything*   So on my way to get the kids i got a taco.. i had 2 bites and said NOPE... no more. i had noticed  my EYE whites were kinda greyish.. interesting i thought.  now.. its 3 and my tummy is hurting and my back and my ribs.. i get the kids and take them to my mother in laws. And go back home. Decided to watch some tv in the basement... 30 min later the aweful pain is back..  around 6 i decide .. ok im going to ER... so i drove myself to er @ 7. By 11pm i was in so much pain i went up to triage and said I NEED A BED i cant sit anymore ... she said she has my room but no bed yet.. 1130 ... i was called back. When talking to the nurse i told her i had a previous surgery.. and that my surgon was Dr K..  and that i have lost 80 pounds. In talking i mentioned that after a rapid weight loss people sometimes have gallbladder issues.. She laughed and said if it was ur gallbladder you would be in alot more pain.. HOW THE HELL DOES SHE KNOW THE AMOUNT OF PAIN I AM IN... i have a high pain tollerance... i was doing breathing people do when they are having babies... do i need to be screaming and making a scene to show im in alot of pain.. UGH.. anway...  they set me up on iv fluids and 40 min later a doc comes in to see me.. he sends me for an X RAY.... then i  am moved to a ROOM of my own STILL in ER .. that was kinda nice... in bath room throwing up agian... nurse knocks on door and asked to come in .. she has iv meds for me ... anit nausia and something to get rid of stomache acid. serisouly... 10 min later.. the pain.. was just bothersom.. not excurcieating.... this is now 1230 ish.. and doc comes  and says he wants me to go for an ultra sound..  he things it is gallstones.. i asked how were my x rays.. and he said OH i have not even looked at them.. *HUH* .. so then i go down for an untrasound ....  he comes back and says.. need u to go for a scope... humm.. ok.. so i go for a scope once i get in the x ray table.. the lady tells me they think there is a stone in my bile duct and they are going to put me to sleep.. put a scope down my throat through my stomache *agian i remind her i have had stomache surgery Please let dr K Know* and through my intestines and squirt die at the duct to see.. if there is something they will cut my duct and remove the stone.. then i will have surgery on my gallbladder. THIS WAS THE FIRST I HEARD ABOUT SURGERY...  OFF TO SLEEP i go.. woke up 2 hours later... and they are waiting for a bed for me and i am on the emerge list for surgery. get a room about 11 am tues.. and am in surgery 115. Dr K was my surgon so that made me feel better :)  I was back in my room around 330.   and they sent me home friday @ 3pm.. i fought to say one more night.. but they wouldnt let me. Richard is still up in FT mac working.. my mother in law has my kids :)  I am staying at my friend kims house.. SHE took my dogs while i was in the hospital. SERISOULLY i hurt so so so much more with this surgery than my VSG. He used 3 sites from the previous surgery.. and one right above or in my belly button.. that hurts like a ***** *right where pants and underware go... I have tons of meds to take.. Colace 2 times a day till i have a BM... i have T3 as need, Gravol *i still need to take anything or eat anything*  I have one antibiotic i have to take with food two times a day.. and one antibiotic i cant take with dairy  or with any kind of iron ...  and also Imovaine if i cant sleep.... WHERE DO I EAT??? 

ok enough for now. hope you are all doing well !!!!

Sarah

D. Hoi
on 10/29/11 9:16 am - Canada
Yikes what a horrible ordeal.  I hope you are feeling better real soon!!!

Starting weight  333 lbs       Pre-op Loss - 47.8 lbs  Surgery Weight  285 lbs
Twoderland - 2011APR15   250lbs - 2011AUG10  100lbs lost - 2011SEP29
Onederland - 2012APR04   SuperMorbidlyObese - 2010OCT13 MorbObese-2010DEC11
Obese-2011JUL02  Overweight-2012MAY09     Normal BMI: 2013FEB07

newmom35
on 10/29/11 10:31 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Oh my gosh! Im so sorry you had to go through that. Especially alone! I hope you feel better soon!

Surgery Dec. 19/12
HW - 348lbs
   SW 316lbs               

Relene
on 10/30/11 1:10 am - Irma, Alberta, Canada
Oh sarah!  I am so sorry to hear this!  I hope you recover quickly and I'm glad they got you taken care of!

HW 370  Pre-op weight 297 CW191.0  updated June 26/11

tammy K.
on 10/31/11 2:53 pm - calgary, Canada
\now that is one story!!!! so sorry to hear tha you had to go thru that, but thankfully tha is take care of, cuz you are going to feel wonderful after this is all healed... \you're so brave, and how wonderful that y ou have family there to help you, that is wonderful...mother in law, will get flowers now for sure:) so happy that you are on the mend dear sarah, so proud to see you are doing so well in your weight loss, it will be great to see your continued success, once you are feeling better, keep us up to date on how you are doing.... Tammy
  kindness is the nicest thing....          
Most Active