Happy Birthday to "Someone"?!?

luvsexytrstno1
on 5/12/09 12:03 pm - Anchorage, AK

Yesterday after a horrible day at work I managed to drag my still recovering self (I still can't hear and am really tired) over the sky bridge and into the gym. I walked 3.5 miles and burned 460 calories. Yeah! for me, except that I looked,um, well let's just say that the children at Lilith's school didn't run away screaming when I walked in to pick her up but I sure didn't get any of them coming up and trying to talk to me like they usually do.
I got this great idea to try this Japanese restaurant on the way home. Will was against it. I offered to allow him to go in first and if he didn't like what he saw, we could gladly turn around and go somewhere else. He refused so we went in. It was bad folks. It was so bad that they had a cake on the buffet line that had still had "Happy Birthday" written on it, the name part was already gone. So Will started singing, Happy Birthday to "Someone". Lilith joined in. I wanted to die but considering the food was so bad (I had mistakenly thought it might be healthier than Chinese food) and the fish tanks that made up the inside wall of the booths(which had the potential to be beautiful and even were still awe inspiring in a sad way)were so moss and alga filled that I wanted to rescue the fish in them, I knew we wouldn't be back. So, let my husband and daughter sing, the restaurant should have been embarrassed to put someones obviously unclaimed birthday cake out on their buffet line anyway. What made me sadder was the $40 we basically threw away. Lilith ate some noodles and some of the sad birthday cake. I ate some shrimp, tried their soup (which was basically water and cabbage), the salad bar was just a lettuce bin and some dressings (seriously that was all it had), and I was afraid to try the sushi after the one roll I attempted to eat was warm and mushy.
Will ate some tough boiled meat and some fish. I refuse to believe that the best salad bar in town is at the Hospital where I work but it is starting to look that way.
Maybe I should try to look on the positive side, "Hey I get to eat at the best salad bar in town and even get a discount 5 days a week!"...um not buying it.
At least I am going on 3 years post op and able to eat salad again.
read more at........
http://luvsexytrstno1.blogspot.com/2009/05/happy-birthday-to -someone.html
Most Active