I am in Deep Mourning

BOBOKITTY
on 12/4/03 12:19 pm - MD
It has finally come to me after all of the wonderful responses I received from my last post. I am in deep mourning. I have loss my best friend. FOOD. It never dawned on me before that I abused food the way I did. I never realized how much I depended on food until now. I find that as soon as I am stressed good or bad I am ready to reach for something to shove in my mouth. So I had to find something else. It is still hard no matter how much I try and divert my attention to something else,but at least it is a start. I bought the Gazelle Elite by Tony Little and now when I am stressed good or bad I HOP on Tony and ride into the sunset. I just wanted to say thank you all so much for your kind words and heartfelt emails. I know this is just the begining for me and that things will get better. I am slowly but surely learning the meaning "Patience is a Virtue". Adrienne
ticker M.
on 12/7/03 8:12 am - juneau, ak
They will get better, things begin to even out with all the cravings and things for me it was at about 4 months out. Here and there i go crazy. Sometimes I get brave and taste things, sometimes I try and put it out of my mind. You'll find other things to do. Its alot like quitting smoking for me. You need something to do with your time and your hands. I read alot etc. In the beginning though it was hard to figure out what to do. Also now, I still feel that I eat when I'm stressed or whatever but the amount of food is very different and the type of food is different. Also, as soon as I start eating just about right away i get full and that need goes away where before I could eat and eat and eat. Then I would feel worse than I did before I started. Now it just feels like I'm always on the hunt for food. For something I can eat. And everything I put in my mouth has to be good food cuz we don't get to eat very much. Your still pretty new out and I'm 8 months... Just what you get to look forward to... Things get better and you'll be able to eat somewhat normal after a while.. Hope your doing okay..Miki
Most Active