Happy Thanksgiving!!

Momx4kids
on 10/8/11 6:22 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
Well I made it through my first Thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws who don't know I have had this surgery. I did very well and did not eat too much (overstuff my pouch) . I had to keep getting up to help the kids so no one noticed the small portions I too., I was worried the small amount I took would draw attention but it didn't. They commented on how great I was looking (mother in law thinks I'm on some sort of south beach diet ) lol So it all went well. I hope you all are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!!
Rhonda

jaynak
on 10/9/11 12:55 am - Canada
Congrats!!!!  Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!!!  I'll have to remember that tip so that people don't notice my small portions after surgery. 

I had to do my turkey dinner last weekend as I'm on the liquid diet now, so glad that I did that cause now I don't have to worry about any temptations to eat turkey!!!!
TheCoach
on 10/9/11 5:56 pm - Canada
Great job.

How do you find not mixing liquids and solids? And was your portion of dinner noticably tiny?
prplady
on 10/10/11 3:22 pm - Canada

Thanks for the wishes!  Happy Thanksgiving to you  too!

Glad that you made it thru without any trouble

Mmm I enjoyed a nice Turkey Dinner tonight...

I really enjoyed it.. I didn't overeat at all..I even passed on the pumkin pie an ice cream

I did have thoughts about not being able to have a plate full like that again...

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

Momx4kids
on 10/10/11 6:28 pm - Abbotsford, Canada

I did not have any issues with not having a drink with my meals now, I really have gotten used to it over the past few months.  My meal was tiny, I put on my plate mostly turkey and then some veggies and a tiny bit of stuffing and gravy (looked like about 3/4 of a cup to 1 cup of food) I purposely put more food on my plate to not  draw attention to my portion size, but only ate about 1/2-3/4 of it. Since I had to keep getting up to help kids, it looked like I was eating for a normal length of time and then I put the rest in the garbage. Normally I would have chosen a smaller plate, but couldn't this time so I spread the food out to cover about 1/2 of the plate. I was so thankful no food got 'stuck'.
Rhonda

Most Active