Dr. Michael Snyder

ReenyJ
on 2/15/11 12:14 pm - Thornton, CO
Is anybody else having trouble getting appointments for a lap-band fill at Dr. Snyder's office?  I called for an appt last week and the earliest possible appt was mid-April.  Amanda is "squeezing me in" in early March.  Needless to say I was discouraged and dismayed.  Having to wait 2 or more months to get in for a fill may undermine what I am striving to achieve.  I called another doc office and they can get me in for a fill within a few days - this is how it used to be at Snyder's office but no longer.  It seems to me that the office has taken on hundreds (or thousands) of new patients but has had a reduction in staff and they are now overwhelmed.  I am frustrated and do not want to move my care to another doctor - Amanda with Dr. Snyder's office is amazing - but I also cannot have trouble getting appts.  Is this a short-term problem or is it getting worse?  What experience have any of you had?  Thanks for the input, I'm trying to figure out what to do next.
Troy Roberts
on 2/16/11 9:54 pm - CO
Was going to have dr Snyder do my RNY but the office staff was the pits. went to dr Metz in parker and love his staff and him you should check it out . he did my RNY and love him he is the best and his nurse prac is the best give him a call and see what they can do . Best of luck Troy
ReenyJ
on 2/17/11 1:24 am - Thornton, CO
Thank you.  The staff does leave something to be desired.  Amanda is great but I think you made the right decision to go elsewhere because the follow-up care has fallen behind so badly.  I looked into Dr. Metz but I live in Thornton so it is a very long drive, however I will not rule him out since it is worth a lot to have someone with first-hand knowledge make a recommendation.  Good care is worth the travel.  Thank you and best of luck!
Troy Roberts
on 2/17/11 8:53 am - CO
Parker in not that close for me . I would drive all day if that is what it took  DR Metz is one of the nices kindest Dr i have ever meat . and that is saying alot from me i have work on a nurseing floor for 25 yearrs . good luck
Leza F.
on 2/19/11 2:42 pm - Wheat Ridge, CO
I second Dr. Metz.  He is readily available via email, returns calls quickly (unless he's in surgery which is on Tuesdays).  I live in Wheat Ridge and it was a toss up between Dr. Metz who could get me in right away (my RNY was 12/14) or Dr. Snyder who couldn't see me for another 4-6 months.  Like Troy, I've worked in medical for some time and was totally impressed....
http://lezabug.blogspot.com/
http://barigurl1976.blogspot.com/  Going Bariatric on a Budget!!

Redy2Go
on 3/1/11 10:06 am
Hello Everyone-

I'm new to this site and I'm currently looking into having Dr. Snyder do my RNY surgery.  It pains me to hear about the recent lack of follow-up care and lack of staff support.  What I'm wondering though is, I thought that surgeon experience was the most important thing when looking for a doctor to perform major surgery?  I just attended Dr. Snyder's February seminar in Denver and he claims to be the most experienced beariatric surgeon in the region as well as having a consistent staff that "has it down"... meaning his team has the shortest on table time of any surgeon in the area and others come from all over the country to see his team work... blah... blah... blah.  I'd sure like your expert opinions as I noticed that some here have a lot of experience in medicine.  Thanks for your help.

Rose
ReenyJ
on 3/2/11 1:28 am - Thornton, CO
Hi Rose.  I have nothing bad to say about Dr. Snyder's experience nor his surgical staff's abilities as well (Amanda is amazing).  His office staff I am less than thrilled with but have always been fine dealing with any disappointment in his office staff because being able to see Amanda was worth it.  However, now that his office is so under-staffed (both in the office and the medical team), service has really collapsed.  I do not think I am just being impatient but waiting 2+ months to get in for a fill is not ideal.  I am not familiar with RNY surgery, maybe it does not require as much follow-up as a band (with the band you need to have it filled and/or unfilled).  So, for the surgery/quality of medical care, experience and knowledge - I totally recommend Dr. Snyder's office.  My "warning" would be the follow-up care - how difficult will it be to get in to see Dr. Snyder and/or his medical staff post-op (especially as time/months go by - I'm sure in the immediate time you will get in for all necessary follow-up as needed).

Good luck - even with all frustrations and some minor complications I've had, I still would do this surgery all over again.  Unfortunately, I've gained back approx 30 of my lost pounds during this time my band has not been functioning well, but I am still 40+ pounds down.
hlingram
on 6/3/11 12:24 am - CO
I am currently having issues getting my surgery date scheduled.  I have been promised a certain day to setup the surgery date along with settling payment with no luck.  I have also been promised a phone call that day via email and she didnt have the courtesy to follow up with another email when she was unable to find time to call me.  Currently I am considering Dr Metz if I get strug along anymore.  Already the office staff at Dr Metz office was much more helpful that what I have gotten with Dr Synders office staff.  Right now I am regretting wasting time with them, thinking if I went elsewhere I would be closer to a sugery date.

Sadly I would really like to have Dr Snyder do my surgery, but need to consider other options.
hlingram
on 6/8/11 5:02 am - CO
Well surgery date is scheduled and the staff was pretty understanding with my concerns on how slow things were going.  So I will end up going to Snyder and my surgery is set for tomorrow. 
kevin D.
on 6/9/11 4:57 am - Highlands Ranch, CO

I wish the best of luck for you today! I know they’re crazy busy, but you’re in great hands with Dr Synder.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4641 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5655 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5887 views