THE DOCTOR'S CORNER: WEIGHT LOSS QUESTIONS ANSWERED

jaranow
on 2/6/12 8:42 am, edited 2/6/12 8:43 am - Middletown, CT
My older post has drifted off this page... Please feel free to post any questions you may have relating to surgery.

-J. Aranow
Director, Middlesex Hospital Center for Weight Loss Surgery

liz B.
on 2/6/12 9:49 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/21/12
 hi dr. aranow, i have a question to ask you, i had the rny surgery in 05, and i'm experienceing stomach bloating, i wonder what could be causing that? it happens everytime after i eat anything, what'w the reason behind that?
jaranow
on 2/7/12 2:36 pm - Middletown, CT
Can you describe what you are experiencing in more detail? By bloating do you mean fullness, distention, nausea, regurgitation, etc? When was your last fill and how has your restriction been?
liz B.
on 2/8/12 3:31 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/21/12
Hi, Dr., what i mean by stomach bloating, is that after i eat anything, my stomach sells up a lot,i had the rny surgery back in "05" i really don't understand why? it'll be flat and then after i eat it blows up? i'm going to have the band soon because i regained some weight back, i had an endo done but i yet have heard anything from my Dr. so i believe that everything is ok,i don't see him until the end of this month. ki had the endo done in "jan" 2011
jaranow
on 2/8/12 7:15 pm - Middletown, CT
There are many reasons for bloating, most of them are benign. It could relate to food intolerances, hernia, excess food volume, etc. i would recommend discussing it with your doctor since a physical exam and careful food history are necessary. You should definately address this prior to your upcoming surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics