Support groups in DC area

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/10 11:29 am - Washington, DC
I had my surgery overseas (in Mexico), but live in the DC area. I want to ensure that my journey is as effective as possible, and would like to join a support group in the area. Are there any active support groups-preferably inside the City, but willing to travel.
kimberlina180
on 2/16/10 4:23 am
REALIZE Band on 02/09/10 with
Sibley Hospital - first Wednesday of the month.

http://www.sibley.org/community/events/default.aspx?F_Department=23

nettalyn73
on 3/12/10 2:02 am - Silver Spring, MD
Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring 2nd Wednesday.
Miss23
on 3/29/10 11:09 am - Alexandria, VA
 Hi! I live in Alexandria and I'm scheduled to have surgery on April 19th. My surgeon is Dr. Moazzez in Fairfax. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any support groups closer to the Alexandria/DC area? I'm excited. A little nervous too. So anything you can share with me would be greatly appreciated Thanks!
Lalaredd
on 4/20/10 4:04 am - Waldorf, MD
Lap Band on 07/09/08 with

Blue Point Surgical Group does them once a month at Potomac Hospital in Woodbridge, VA.

703-878-7610

240/190/150
PreOP/Current/Goal

Post Op Appt. 7-18-2008

1st Fill 8-21-2008 3.5cc

5th Fill 3-10-2010 6.0cc

Invisible10
on 5/11/10 6:14 am - Crofton, MD
I too went to Mexico and haven't been sucessful. I know it's because I have been compliant. I think I need a support group and more doctor supervision. It's been very disappointing. I've actually gained. if you know of any support groups in DC. I'm game.
ads2e
on 5/22/10 2:21 pm - Washington, DC
Hi.  You probably have already found a support group, but I wanted to let you know that GW Hospital.  When I emailed them and asked about their support groups (b/c I had surgery in Philly), the nurse in charge of the group said: 

"Our support group meets the first and third Tuesday of each month. The first meeting of the Month, we try and have a speaker and the group talks for a shot time after. The second meeting of the month is more like an open forum. Please feel free to come in anytime, you do not have to be a patient being seen at our practice to attend, all are invited."

the meetings are at 2150 Pennsylvania Ave, NW.  They are on the 6th floor surgery area waiting room. 
Melinda A.
on 6/7/10 7:11 am - Annandale, VA
What time?  I need some support and such ....
ads2e
on 6/7/10 7:26 am - Washington, DC
They are from 6:30 - 8:00 pm.

I'm going to start going to the meetings in July.  (I believe the last meeting of this month is next Tuesday (June 15). 
aftimos
on 7/19/10 1:04 pm - Alexandria, VA
I live in Alexandria but had my sugery at Arlington Hospital.  Our support group meets at Arlington Hospital every 3rd Thursday at 7pm.  If you are interested I can give you their email address and they will send you their monthly newsletter.  The Doctors are Mayes and Salameh.
Most Active