attitude

CeciliaM
on 6/23/11 11:23 pm - Newark, DE
for the last several yrs i've had the attitude of yeah right as far as the band. 
well this past support mtg something was said.  dont remember exactly but made me think.

(speaking in metaphors)

i bought myself a $22,000* car.  she sits in my driveway.  i know she is there.  i start her every so often.  i have supplies for her, ie oil/pro powder.  BUT  i never use her.  i am waiting.  but for what. 

i go to car shows/support mtgs.  many admire.  chat.  ask questions.  different topics are talked about her care.  but still not used. 

ah remember that neighborhood - FEAR.  i dont want to drive her in that neighborhood.  dont know what is there.  who is there.  what challenges i/she would face there.  i dont go. 

i stay safely in my driveway. 

time/my life is still driving on. 

but i found out, she is depreciating as she sits.  

as she sits, there are other issues developing just from sitting.  didnt consider many of them when i bought her. 

in this economic time, lkng at this in that terms - what a loss i have taken.  of my own doing.  omg. 

so i keep reminding myself.  i bought this $22,000 car, why not use her.  she is ready to go.  very economical (over the long haul)  in the short run, not using her is costing me dearly. 

thought i would share my thoughts. 
take care.

*my ins didnt pay for the procedure.  I have receipts from Christiana for $16,100 and $6,00 for Dr. Peters himself. 
CeciliaM
10cm band
Elissa H
on 6/26/11 3:32 am - Wilmington, DE
Celia, Deep thoughts. Glad to see you at the meeting the other night. You look great. I still come away from the meetings energized and full of hope. Hope that everyone I can come in contact with gets something out of WLS that I have. I learn something new each and every meeting. Meet new faces and soooo glad to see some oldies. Hearing everyone's journey inspires me to stay on track and remain positive & focused.

So glad I have met all my WLS friends. Keep in touch often. Hope to see everyone next month.

((HUGS)) Elissa
Most Active