8 pounds to goal!

JazzyOne9254
on 5/1/12 9:02 am
It's finally happening!  I'm about to hit goal!

I'm three years and change out, and my weight sat in one spot forever!

Ithink it might have had to do with nerves, too, with my Mom's passing.  It was a week ago we buried her.

My PCP was happy where it was, due to the amount of excess skin I have, but she's adamant that I not dip any lower than 160, saying that's about 15 -20 pounds worth, and once it's gone, I'll be "chart weight".

That was never my goal, but OK! 

Still a little skittish regarding the plastics, as I don't think this surgeon has much experience with post-bariatric patients, but it will happen when it's  time.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

* Gail R *
on 5/2/12 3:00 am - SF Bay Area, CA
First, my condolences on the loss of your mother. I lost mine a year ago and it is still hurting. I think dealing with it caused me to gain so be aware.
Now, CONGRATULATIONS on getting so close to goal. That is great news and your body must be feeling even healthier. It is nice to know that weight loss can continue after three years.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

JazzyOne9254
on 5/2/12 6:35 am
Thanks, Gail!

One thing that I love is that my Mom lived long enough to see me at a "normal" size!  We used to trek to Chicago for clothes when I was a kid, or order from catalogues, because there were no in-store chubby departments in my town until the late 1960's.

I work *very* hard to keep my weight stable, and I remember saying in support group last month, " I am *so* sick of eating!"

Never thought those words would cross my lips!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

* Gail R *
on 5/2/12 2:25 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
My mom got to see me at optimum weight for a year before she passed. I was over weight since age 10. She was so THRILLED with my success. When I would take her to the doctor or while she was in the hospital, she kept wanting to tell everyone about my success and I had to let her know I would rather she not. (I wanted them to concentrate on her not me)
Mom lived a healthy life and was only ill for a short while. I hope now with my new health body I can do as well as she did. At 94 she was still the center of our big family. I stay aware of taking care of my DS by staying active on this and the other site: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com join us

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 980 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 444 views